Powered by Outside

Water in my marzocchi bomber 55s?

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Water in my marzocchi bomber 55s?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 24, 2011 at 11:35 Quote
hi,my forks are workin fine but can hear water squelching inside the fork after i washed the bike down after a ride round the peaks....is this a problem or is this normal? im new to these forks.and is there anyway of getting it out? cheers

Posted: Nov 24, 2011 at 11:49 Quote
Maybe it's just the sound of oil ?!?! Is your fork perform well, is your adjustments work ? Maybe you just don't hear this sound while you ride.

I would change the oil fork to see if the ''problem's'' continue.

Posted: Nov 24, 2011 at 18:15 Quote
Did you turn the bike upside down when you washed it? It could be the sound of oil returning to its normal position once you turn the bike the right side up.

It is highly unlikely that water got into the forks. They are air-tight.

As bikerx14 says, oil passing the damping circuit can make a squelching noise. If you twiddle the knobs and reduce the damping, then the squelching noise may disappear since the oil is flowing easier. If that is the case, reset your damping levels and go ride - it is just a noise.

Posted: Nov 26, 2011 at 4:57 Quote
cheers fellas i think the oil is setting in place now the noise has stopped.everything works well with the forks.lot of bad reviews i see but iv had no probs at all.hammered sherwood forest a few times an the peak district many times an they still seem mint.let the air out an pumped it back up an there like new again.i must have fell on a decent set lol.

also can u help....which is better rear shock rockshox monarch or ario???

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008024
Mobile Version of Website