Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 20:57 Quote
fleon12 wrote:
BinChaser wrote:
fleon12 wrote:
Hi, any suggestions to get a better performance of my 2011 fox 36 talas rlc? I want a new fork but I don't have the money to go for a pike or a new 36, so thinking in upgrade a little my 36, what do you recomend? Do the conversion from talas to float rc2? Or put some kashima stachions? Or what? Also wanna paint the lowers in dvo green or in the color of my remedy.
Keep in mind this is just my opinion, but I think the Float is the nicest fork I have ever run on a bike, until I got this new Pike of course. Go for the Float conversion.
So go for the float? I saw the avalanche opem bat kit too but I don't know
Go for Avalanche, they are supposed to be the best

Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 21:03 Quote
its-chris wrote:
fleon12 wrote:
BinChaser wrote:

Keep in mind this is just my opinion, but I think the Float is the nicest fork I have ever run on a bike, until I got this new Pike of course. Go for the Float conversion.
So go for the float? I saw the avalanche opem bat kit too but I don't know
Go for Avalanche, they are supposed to be the best
Operative word "supposed", I know the Float works. Good luck which ever way you go.

Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 21:05 Quote
fleon12 wrote:
Hi, any suggestions to get a better performance of my 2011 fox 36 talas rlc? I want a new fork but I don't have the money to go for a pike or a new 36, so thinking in upgrade a little my 36, what do you recomend? Do the conversion from talas to float rc2? Or put some kashima stachions? Or what? Also wanna paint the lowers in dvo green or in the color of my remedy.
Don't bother with the kashima stanchions unless you have a spare $400 you'd otherwise be setting on fire. From a performance point of view it does close to nothing compared to new internals. They do look cool though, and I am a sucker for that.

O+
Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 22:35 Quote
BinChaser wrote:
devin-m wrote:
Banshee rune, now featuring a Chromag BZA bar & stem, and Race Face Turbine cinch cranks, and a Spec Henge saddle. Went and got it nice and muddy today - good times. Sitting at about 32.5 lbs or so

Banshee Rune V.2 - Raceface Turbine Cinch cranks Chromag BZA 25mm rise br and stem. 32.5 lbs

Banshee Rune V.2 - Raceface Turbine Cinch cranks Chromag BZA 25mm rise br and stem. 32.5 lbs
How do you like that CCDB?

Its a great shock for sure, Lots of tuning options. Although a recent feel of a Monarch Plus has me wondering about that shock.

Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 22:35 Quote
fleon12 wrote:

convert to Float, do the linear spring mod, swap the seals to SKF

the difference would be immense, that's what i did to mine (plus the high speed rebound mod) Wink

Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 23:13 Quote
devin-m wrote:
BinChaser wrote:
devin-m wrote:
Banshee rune, now featuring a Chromag BZA bar & stem, and Race Face Turbine cinch cranks, and a Spec Henge saddle. Went and got it nice and muddy today - good times. Sitting at about 32.5 lbs or so

How do you like that CCDB?

Its a great shock for sure, Lots of tuning options. Although a recent feel of a Monarch Plus has me wondering about that shock.
I have 6 rides on my new Balance with a CCDB, really happy with the way the shock feels. Took 2 rides to get both the Pike and CCDB dialed but now I'm very happy.

Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 23:16 Quote
Only two rides to dial in a ccdb?! +.+

Posted: Dec 7, 2014 at 23:23 Quote
hambee-enchurbro wrote:
Yup, it came with a baseline tune from Canfield. I'm kind of picky about the way my rig rides, so I fiddled with it a little until I found what I liked.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 6:51 Quote
dragan-the-dragon wrote:
SwissTrail wrote:
photo

did you paint or anodize the crank?

its anodized, tried to paint a crank before..its useless as the paint is gone after the first ride due the shoes rubbing on it...

it has a dropper post now, a KS lev

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 7:01 Quote
hambee-enchurbro wrote:

hehe how he got?
I have my 6 months and I'm still looking for the best

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 7:22 Quote
speransa1974 wrote:
hambee-enchurbro wrote:

hehe how he got?
I have my 6 months and I'm still looking for the best
6 months?????? Frown

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 7:24 Quote
SwissTrail wrote:
dragan-the-dragon wrote:
SwissTrail wrote:
photo

its anodized, tried to paint a crank before..its useless as the paint is gone after the first ride due the shoes rubbing on it...

Do you like that dropper post?

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 7:30 Quote
BinChaser wrote:
SwissTrail wrote:
dragan-the-dragon wrote:

I had a reverb before and I must say it was better..but I did upgrade the remote to this one ( http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/KS-Suspension-southpaw-left-handed-bottom-mount-dropper-post-remote01.jpg )
and now Im happier whit it.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 7:43 Quote
SwissTrail wrote:
BinChaser wrote:
SwissTrail wrote:

I had a reverb before and I must say it was better..but I did upgrade the remote to this one ( http://brimages.bikeboardmedia.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/KS-Suspension-southpaw-left-handed-bottom-mount-dropper-post-remote01.jpg )
I'm just the opposite, I like the KS better. I did get the Reverb used though, needed bled, still works ok. It's on my old bike.

Posted: Dec 8, 2014 at 7:51 Quote
BinChaser wrote:
SwissTrail wrote:
BinChaser wrote:

I'm just the opposite, I like the KS better. I did get the Reverb used though, needed bled, still works ok. It's on my old bike.
that's true it's an advantage of the KS that you don't have to bleed it. I hated it on the reverb..
the reason why I bought a KS is that I needed a 150mm with outside hosing, since my frame has no internal cable routing and RS does not offer a post with these specs.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026981
Mobile Version of Website