Show your all mountain bike

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Show your all mountain bike
O+
Posted: May 22, 2012 at 7:11 Quote
Weight is 27.2lbs as it sits. Cranks are XTR's - but polished up Smile

These are my first Specialized tyres to be honest, although they seem really good, especially considering the price. I did toy with the Purgatory on the back, but went for the Eskar because I wanted a 2.3 F&R.

They are on the list as replacements, unless Spec UK decide to bring over a 2.3 Butcher 2Bliss in single ply...

Mod
Posted: May 22, 2012 at 7:15 Quote
check Schwalbe Hans Dampf, or see if your distro will get the Butcher in the Control casing, it was released this spring.

O+
Posted: May 22, 2012 at 7:36 Quote
Have looked at the Hans Dampf, but Schwalbe are pretty prohibitive cost wise in the UK, they are literally twice as expensive as the Specialized offerings.

There was talk that Spec UK will bring the Butcher over in the Control casing - so fingers crossed Smile

Although the Eskars seem pretty good so far, decent amounts of grip considering the low profile nature of the tread (compared to something like a Minion/HR).

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 7:57 Quote
Another green Ghost! De-sticker the wheels, ditch the water bottle and cage and you are golden!!!

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 8:08 Quote
madboutmtb wrote:
photo

See i can tell thats not as fast as mine because its not as shiny ;-)

Good arnt they?

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 8:11 Quote
SoCalMX wrote:
Another green Ghost! De-sticker the wheels, ditch the water bottle and cage and you are golden!!!
Yea working on getting new hoops cause i got some hopes that i'll build up. Will stick to the bottle, hydration packs suck imo:P

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 8:13 Quote
The-Appy wrote:
madboutmtb wrote:
photo

See i can tell thats not as fast as mine because its not as shiny ;-)

Good arnt they?

LOL, yep loving mine so far. The 120mm is perfect for what i ride Big Grin

Mod
Posted: May 22, 2012 at 11:34 Quote
HobNob wrote:
Have looked at the Hans Dampf, but Schwalbe are pretty prohibitive cost wise in the UK, they are literally twice as expensive as the Specialized offerings.

There was talk that Spec UK will bring the Butcher over in the Control casing - so fingers crossed Smile

Although the Eskars seem pretty good so far, decent amounts of grip considering the low profile nature of the tread (compared to something like a Minion/HR).
they are pretty ridiculously priced here too...

Hopefully man, The best combo I've yet ridden for trail/Enduro is a Ground Control rear to Butcher front, both control, and 2.3, and great tires...

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 11:40 Quote
madboutmtb wrote:
SoCalMX wrote:
Yea working on getting new hoops cause i got some hopes that i'll build up. Will stick to the bottle, hydration packs suck imo:P
I keep letting my hydro packs go moldy so now I throw bottles in my back pack. Beats having extra weight on the bike! Besides, that's for roadies and looks funny!

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 11:53 Quote
Ahh your probably not drying them/storing them properly.

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 12:47 Quote
cyfa89 wrote:
Ahh your probably not drying them/storing them properly.
This I know! I often forget and a week or two later,NO GOOD...Oh well, I will buy another soon!

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 12:49 Quote
i just freeze mine after every ride... had it like a year now...

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 12:50 Quote
When you do remember, these are what you need:

http://www.milton-tm.com/sterilising_tablets.html

Or as above, stick it in freezer.

Posted: May 22, 2012 at 14:51 Quote
photo

my new build!
RS revelation dual air 150mm
sunline bar & stem
elixir 5's

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.029159
Mobile Version of Website