NS Bikes Capital Appreciation Thread (CAT)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
NS Bikes Capital Appreciation Thread (CAT)
Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 2:23 Quote
28:10 or 25:9. or something close to that.

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 3:37 Quote
Just to jump back to that chain for a moment...

Who actually runs a full halflink chain these days? Thought everyone figured out how crap they were a year or two back.

Bent steel plates = more stretch and one more place to fail. They are inferior to normal chains and that's a fact.

One half link = golden for getting your wheel slammed sometimes, though personally I've had my knee meet my stem too many times from broken chains to care about that slightly shorter stay.

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 4:14 Quote
I like running full link period now. I would switch up my gearing or run a chain tug over a single half lnk. Like they say the weakest link is the break point and I found that out the hard wayMadder The bushing equiped chains are the strongest on the market but a few rules to maintaining them apply. You have to use motorcycle chain lube. Which is a plus since its easy to find and cheaper . And a really good chain breaker or skill to shorten them. In the case of the half link a few factors to now when choosing one.

The plate bends on a half link will be key to how much it bends. KHE as the least bend in the link. So those running the KHE half link have had great results . The shadow is strong but will stretch two links before it settles. Down side to this is you may wind up with a chain you can no longer slam Frown (happened to me ) Other half links are mostly shit . The Cult half shows promise because it runs bushings and has minimal bends in the links like a KHE. With a tension of 1200kgf 100 over the 510hx 1100kgf. . With the addition of the 8t driver and some PIA 9t drivers a half link is a must. Sad but true

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 4:19 Quote
Just seems like people are trying to reinvent the wheel.

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 4:19 Quote
my friend has run the same shadow chain for over 3 years i think. he only replaced his now because it got super rusty and looked sketchy. he now runs another shadow interlock and has no complaints.

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 4:21 Quote
My mom's bike has had the same chain on it for something like three decades now. This is proof that her chain is awesome.

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 4:21 Quote
sherbet wrote:

Like so ?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cisolutions.co.uk/FCKfiles/Image/reinvent_wheel.jpg

Posted: Dec 13, 2011 at 4:30 Quote
marquis wrote:
sherbet wrote:

Like so ?

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://cisolutions.co.uk/FCKfiles/Image/reinvent_wheel.jpg
lol lol lol lol
In reality they are going backwards One thing about the bushing vs a bushing-less chain is On street a bushing chain is better In dirt a bushing-less is better.

Posted: Dec 18, 2011 at 11:07 Quote
Frame:NS Capital 08 - Cream
Fork:NS RNS - Black
Rearwheel:Envy laced to Proper - LHD Black/Black/Black
Front wheel:Envy laced to Stolen Roulette Black/Black/Black
Cranks:Gusset Woodstock with Ti Spindle - Black Chrome
Sprocket:Treelite Splinedrive - Black
Pedals:Premium Slim PC - Black
Stem:NS Quark Pro - Black
Bars:NS District - Black
Tyres:KHE Mac II Street - Black
Chain:KMC 510 - Black
Headset:Shadow Corvus - Black
BB:Shadow Corvus - Black
Seat:Federal Fat - Black
Grips:Sensus - Black
Pegs:Shadow Little Ones x3 - Black
Hub Guards: G.L.A.N.D x2 Proper x1 - Black

improvements?
rough weight?
should built by christmas with the DJ1 and a couple of lower spec parts, all finished by March

Posted: Dec 18, 2011 at 11:11 Quote
Improvements: Another Peg and guard.

Rough weight: Who the hell cares.

Sounds like it's going to be a sweet build dude.

Posted: Dec 18, 2011 at 11:13 Quote
anyone other than Mr. Parkes?

Posted: Dec 18, 2011 at 12:12 Quote
I would go with a thicker pedal . Premium slims are to thin for hard core street. If bling is your thing eclat slash pedals would be proper .Other than that simple primos or ody twist black.

The build looks good .Proper hub rear sounds really sweet. they don't sell many over on this side. but super sweet hub.
The bike should come in at anywhere from 22 to 24 lbs completed . Most caps do with your similar set up . If you are going 26"add a lb to make it 23 to 25 est

TBO though the only thing that concerns me is the stolen hub. I now it is like give and take with there products and would rather run a hub more sound to running pegs. Most good bmx front hubs run for about the same price as the stolen .

Posted: Dec 18, 2011 at 12:14 Quote
harry-h wrote:
Frame:NS Capital 08 - Cream
Fork:NS RNS - Black
Rearwheel:Envy laced to Proper - LHD Black/Black/Black
Front wheel:Envy laced to Stolen Roulette Black/Black/Black
Cranks:Gusset Woodstock with Ti Spindle - Black Chrome
Sprocket:Treelite Splinedrive - Black
Pedals:Premium Slim PC - Black
Stem:NS Quark Pro - Black
Bars:NS District - Black
Tyres:KHE Mac II Street - Black
Chain:KMC 510 - Black
Headset:Shadow Corvus - Black
BB:Shadow Corvus - Black
Seat:Federal Fat - Black
Grips:Sensus - Black
Pegs:Shadow Little Ones x3 - Black
Hub Guards: G.L.A.N.D x2 Proper x1 - Black

improvements?
rough weight?
should built by christmas with the DJ1 and a couple of lower spec parts, all finished by March
Sounds sweet hope all goes well Razz

Posted: Dec 18, 2011 at 12:42 Quote
Caezar wrote:
I would go with a thicker pedal . Premium slims are to thin for hard core street. If bling is your thing eclat slash pedals would be proper .Other than that simple primos or ody twist black.

The build looks good .Proper hub rear sounds really sweet. they don't sell many over on this side. but super sweet hub.
The bike should come in at anywhere from 22 to 24 lbs completed . Most caps do with your similar set up . If you are going 26"add a lb to make it 23 to 25 est

TBO though the only thing that concerns me is the stolen hub. I now it is like give and take with there products and would rather run a hub more sound to running pegs. Most good bmx front hubs run for about the same price as the stolen .
this was £15 brand new, I'm not complaining, I also know a guy who's been running the Dk version for 4 years and it's fine, he runs 4 pegs

Posted: Dec 18, 2011 at 12:53 Quote
harry-h wrote:
Caezar wrote:

this was £15 brand new, I'm not complaining, I also know a guy who's been running the Dk version for 4 years and it's fine, he runs 4 pegs
Oh so like the BSD deal.. BSD,Coalition, and some other company .. All same hub different name . Gotcha tup

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.022888
Mobile Version of Website