How can i get my inverts more clicked?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
How can i get my inverts more clicked?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 10:20 Quote
Anybody got any tips for them?

This is where i'm at now, I'm the rider on the right..
photo

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 12:31 Quote
You're not going to be able to get more angle with your right leg in that position, you need to bring you right knee and leg towards and over your toptube.

Keep your hand near the edge of the grip so it can twist round it easy once your pushing the bars across your chest. (If that makes sense)

Can see it here, knee towards over the TT and hand on the edge of the grip to twist:

Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://www.jaredsouney.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/Snotty-invert-5601.jpg

Posted: Dec 8, 2011 at 23:53 Quote
Invert Hip
Might be easier to see in this photo...

I twist my hips sideways so my butts on the top side, and the knees are pointed down. Thats why the feet are sideways. Its a lot easier for your body to twist this way. Basically, just try to fold your legs up, so your heel hits you in the butt while trying to push your top hand into your armpit. I find ducking my head down between my arms helps a bit too, dunno why though.

They take a lot of practice and figuring out, they're easiest to learn on hips. Flyout is probably the hardest place to learn em.

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 11:16 Quote
djfivejames wrote:
Invert Hip
Might be easier to see in this photo...

I twist my hips sideways so my butts on the top side, and the knees are pointed down. Thats why the feet are sideways. Its a lot easier for your body to twist this way. Basically, just try to fold your legs up, so your heel hits you in the butt while trying to push your top hand into your armpit. I find ducking my head down between my arms helps a bit too, dunno why though.

They take a lot of practice and figuring out, they're easiest to learn on hips. Flyout is probably the hardest place to learn em.

I'm gonna start trying them on hips, do you like, lean in as normal but flick the bike up with your knees?

Posted: Dec 9, 2011 at 11:25 Quote
Yep, the trick is mostly in the legs.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010336
Mobile Version of Website