Builders discussion and rant zone

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Builders discussion and rant zone
O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2015 at 21:51 Quote
JEDDE wrote:
Build one wide dirt landing and have 2 wooden kickers? Or just build one and tell little bro to suck it up and send it? Little kids aren't suppose to be scared of anything I thought?

This is a good idea. You could make a small table on one side and a larger table or gap on the other. For example, at 0:15, 0:30, and 1:15 in this video of Pipeline at Mammoth Mountain:

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 0:33 Quote
hey guys i need some help so about 2 years ago me and my friend started build some jumps on public land with permision and now there tearing down house and stuff nearby to build a freeway and i think my jumps are gonna get dozed how can i save them???Cry

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 0:41 Quote
If your stuff is where the freeway is supposed to be, then it might not end so well, but if you can maybe contact the person who's in charge, maybe?

Well I've been putting together a slalom course at the local park with some friends and we've noticed that people like plowing our berms over and kicking the unfinished features to nothing. How can I possibly keep that from happening?

Good news is though, in 6 hours worth of working time, we've put together something pretty decent. Pictures suck with sun spots...

photo
photo
photo

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 0:57 Quote
magnabmxer247 wrote:
hey guys i need some help so about 2 years ago me and my friend started build some jumps on public land with permision and now there tearing down house and stuff nearby to build a freeway and i think my jumps are gonna get dozed how can i save them???Cry

Doubt you will if the freeway is going straight through the middle of them. Though once its built could there be scope for something like that bike Park in seattle built under an over pass?

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 0:59 Quote
millpill wrote:
If your stuff is where the freeway is supposed to be, then it might not end so well, but if you can maybe contact the person who's in charge, maybe?

Well I've been putting together a slalom course at the local park with some friends and we've noticed that people like plowing our berms over and kicking the unfinished features to nothing. How can I possibly keep that from happening?

Good news is though, in 6 hours worth of working time, we've put together something pretty decent. Pictures suck with sun spots...

photo
photo
photo
i just got a huge relief it is on the other side of the field but it still kinda sucks but yeah... i hate people who destroy your ramps like theres these kids that go to another set of dirtjumps everyday so do i and i build for like 4 hours and ride for like 2 but i always tell these kids not to ride the ramps til tommorow but they dont listen and if they do they case it and dont fix it

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 1:00 Quote
millpill wrote:

Snip

Build stuff better? Use a rock foundation thats well packed in, then layer the surface material up, packing and then roughing up the top an inch or 2 at a time, using a watering can to dampen it if its too dry to stick together. No offence but in 6 hours me and 4 others build a berm and maybe a jump, these things need time spent on then if you want them to last.

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 12:06 Quote
magnabmxer247 wrote:
millpill wrote:

photo
photo
photo
i just got a huge relief it is on the other side of the field but it still kinda sucks but yeah... i hate people who destroy your ramps like theres these kids that go to another set of dirtjumps everyday so do i and i build for like 4 hours and ride for like 2 but i always tell these kids not to ride the ramps til tommorow but they dont listen and if they do they case it and dont fix it
Are you in the sunnyvale sorta area? The nice thing with our spot is that theres a water fountiain at our disposal, but the problem is that if you try and build outside of shade, the dirt is so dry that water is absorbed by whatever dirt it touches and then slides down. The only way to fix it would be to dig out a hole and turn it into a sorta mixing thing for mud. Then just pile it on.

The problems with kids running over it is that being on the other side if the field, its where the douchebags hang out and kick our jumps to shit for no reason.

There are also kids that can sorta jump, but end up plowing everything over

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 13:46 Quote
Keep spraying it down. Adding wet dirt on top of dry dirt is not a good building practice, you want the dirt added to be the same moisture level as the dirt that is already there. Just keep watering it and let the dirt fall down until it doesn't anymore.

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 13:57 Quote
Put a c4 in the berm, should sort them out.

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 14:38 Quote
I like to build my berms with tactical nukes

Posted: Jul 14, 2015 at 19:49 Quote
Digging has been impossible here. It's so dry that everything has turned to dust, and the trails are ridden daily. The whole trail is essientially going to need rebuilt at first rain. I am afraid to even go look at the trail right now it's so bad.

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 3:12 Quote
James-Carey wrote:
I like to build my berms with tactical nukes

they always say to work Smarter. I think u win!

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 3:14 Quote
I'm looking at 3d printed trails

Posted: Jul 23, 2015 at 3:16 Quote
that's actually not a far fetch I was reading the other day how they 3D printed a bridge on location!

James-Carey wrote:
I'm looking at 3d printed trails

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017996
Mobile Version of Website