BSD Female Hubs and Pegs - Would it work?

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
BSD Female Hubs and Pegs - Would it work?
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 13:35 Quote
Jacob-G wrote:
Hey thinking about getting a new rear wheel and want to go female. if my frame has 14 mm drop outs will a female hub with a 14mm axle and 3/8 axle bolts fit? Also if I want to run pegs do I get 14mm or 3/8 pegs. Please answer I want to make sure I get the right stuff and need it soon

If you're getting female 14mm hub then the actual female bolts are 3/8 but they go into a 14mm axle.
That means they run with 3/8 pegs on a 14mm frame.

If you're getting male 14mm then you want 14mm pegs on your 14mm frame.

Posted: Feb 13, 2013 at 13:39 Quote
JamesAlluredPhotography wrote:
If I were to buy a BSD female front hub, how long would the female axles last if I was running pegs? Would the snap and if not, why?

Yeah BSD hubs are really good man, I've seen loads of my friends & guys on the team running female front and back with pegs and having no issues at all. They're rider owned - if you get hassle with it you can just e-mail them and they'll sort you out.

Posted: Apr 22, 2016 at 16:39 Quote
dirt-king15 wrote:
you should have no problems breaking female axles are no weaker than regular axles
Hey I am super new with all this bmx stuff I am from chile and I bought the crysis wheel wich has a female hub in the front and I really want pegs (not to grind) anyways I really wanted to know if I needed a longer bolt for the hub bc before putting the peg and the peg adaptor I feel like there's just not enough bolt left like one or two centimetters only go inside the hub and without the peg it was almost twice that so I want to know if is ok to just go that way or I need longer bolts (sorry english is not my first language)

Posted: Apr 24, 2016 at 19:21 Quote
JamesAlluredPhotography wrote:
If I were to buy a BSD female front hub, how long would the female axles last if I was running pegs? Would the snap and if not, why?
i run the same thing and my hub is completely fine so far

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014858
Mobile Version of Website