how many holes have you gotten in your tube in one day at a mountain?

PB Forum :: Downhill
how many holes have you gotten in your tube in one day at a mountain?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 19:15 Quote
i got 9 at diablo in one day..sucked..lost so much time fixing it and it was like the same spot on the trail everytime haha

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 19:18 Quote
one day just biking around town, popped both tubes when i landed on the set of stairs i was trying to clear, fixed them, then while going down a hill, hit a piece of glass and it shredded by back tube so i called it a day.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 19:19 Quote
drumerbumer9 wrote:
i got 9 at diablo in one day..sucked..lost so much time fixing it and it was like the same spot on the trail everytime haha
holy shit, 9!!?? wow that sucks

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 19:21 Quote
17 punctures. no joke. We have these stupid plants here called devils heads, theyre little thorns in the ground. I took the tire of and patched one, filled it up, then went flat again, repeated several times, and then i put it in a kiddie pool to see how many....17 damn holes. Ridiculous.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 19:27 Quote
I was at Whistler, rode Dirt Merchant for my first time and it was my last day there, Popped my Tire half way down, went down and fixed it, skipped the first bit of the slopestyle to go ride it again, about half way down my second time I popped it in the exact same spot on the trail, I was so pissed and I never got to finish the full trail.Then two days later we arrived in sunpeaks, I didn;t ride my bike since I left Whistler, so I got of the Chairlift at the top, rode down the ramp, and it popped. Not in the same day but I was hella choked...

Chom,

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 19:27 Quote
I got 14 flats in 12 runs over two days this summer the one and only time I'll ever run single-plys for DH. It was retarded. I'd flat both tubes at the same time running 55 PSI. Needless to say I got some 2 plys first chance I got.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 19:33 Quote
because all of the trails here are really out of the way, the most i have gotten is one in one day. i now carry a spare tube with me but only if i'm riding with someone who has a pump.(you know, murphy's law, the day you buy a pump, you flat again and again...) most days i don't have a spare and i think patches are pointless (the weight of carring a patch vs. a tube is not that much) so i'll flat once and be out for the day.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 19:46 Quote
It wasn't on a mountain, but I popped my tube three times once. Just screwing around with hop manuals too.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 19:56 Quote
levon wrote:
Over 9000!!!!!
Did you frame that tube? if so, post up a pic, i'm curious about what is left. (the valve maybe?)

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 20:15 Quote
i got 5 at snowshoe all on the same run, talk about bad luck

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 20:31 Quote
Between three of us, we had 8 flats on one run down Porcupine Rim - for those who have never been, it's in Moab, Utah --> you get a few choices of line, but if you "do it right" the trail must have 1000+ small rock drops of one or two feet, and you often land on more rock or sharp edges.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 20:34 Quote
that IS the reason its called porcupine :-)

but yeah, those rocks bust up tires easily

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 20:58 Quote
i didnt really bother to count but i pulled24 goat heads out ( some i couldnt get out) and t hat was just the front tire. the back had 15 or more goat heads.. they suck.

Posted: Dec 15, 2007 at 21:21 Quote
I got over 140+ thorns in my tube on one trail ride (I stopped counting at 140-halfway- and decided to just throw the tire away). They weren't small ones either, and my tire went flat in under a minute-jsut to give you an idea of how many there were in there

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016168
Mobile Version of Website