Scott Gambler OWNERS

PB Forum :: Downhill
Scott Gambler OWNERS
O+
Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 21:47 Quote
Got the frame back from ano and it looks pretty sick. Very unique look, it is hard to describe my friend suggested it almost looks like black denim. Hard to tell from the pics

photo

photo

Posted: Dec 3, 2015 at 22:00 Quote
Sick, I didn't think the welds would show through like that, looks rad.

Posted: Dec 4, 2015 at 5:09 Quote
I like the color, just not sure on those welds.

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2015 at 7:01 Quote
The flash is making them stand out way more than they do normally

Posted: Dec 4, 2015 at 7:16 Quote
Try putting it in sunlight with no flash. It'd be interesting to see the difference.

Posted: Dec 4, 2015 at 7:35 Quote
That looks awesome mate!! Smile

O+
Posted: Dec 4, 2015 at 15:57 Quote
Thanks for the comments guys. I will try to get some better photos in natural light when I get it completely put together (and when we actually get some sunlight around here) but I am waiting on a few more parts to get delivered. Just need by wheels and rotors and I will have everything that I need. Here is a photo with the wheels

photo

I am going to get it put all the way together before doing anything else but I am contemplating having some custom graphics that match the wheels made so the wheels aren't the only green on the bike

Posted: Dec 4, 2015 at 16:09 Quote
Shit man ya got me emailing anodizing shops now askin for quotes! Def wont get a deal like you did though man.

Posted: Dec 5, 2015 at 5:30 Quote
Hey, guys, hope you could help me. I've 30 2014 and after 1.5 year of riding finally decided to thoroughly clean my suspension. The problem is that when I unscrewed the swing arm bolts, the washers just fell off and I didn't manage to notice which side they were placed. It looks like they are angled and will not do any good if placed incorrectly.

Here's the pic of those nasty washers
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://i66.fastpic.ru/big/2015/1205/bc/1be0be2ba70a7d0dfc6652a093bad0bc.jpg
Btw: almost no mud behind the screws, quite suprising I must say...

Posted: Dec 5, 2015 at 6:10 Quote
The chamfered end faces the bearings, and they can be a real bugger to get in, especially the main link, cause you have to get 2 of em in there at once while holding all the links, best to get a buddy to help ya with that part of the re assembly. I always dab grease on them so they will somewhat stay where ya put them, but can still be quite frustrating.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2015 at 11:21 Quote
I just used some bearing grease Luke you were saying on the face of the bearing then pressed the chamfered side against the bearing with my finger and they stay in place pretty well. Really was not that difficult to get everything back together

Posted: Dec 5, 2015 at 11:32 Quote
Thanks, managed to assemble the suspention without any difficulties. It's high time to buy spikes and start winter 2016)

Posted: Dec 5, 2015 at 14:41 Quote
Shit eh you guys must be good haha, I had a f*ck of a time getting the main link back onto the swingarm, had to have a buddy help hold stuff.

O+
Posted: Dec 5, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
rebuild a 1st gen rocky mountain flatline frame a hand full of times and it makes everything else seem like a cake walk.

Posted: Dec 5, 2015 at 17:26 Quote
You had the bearings out for anodizing I would assume, did you have to do any work to the bores to re fit the bearings after?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012807
Mobile Version of Website