DH bike decision, round 2: The field narrows

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DH bike decision, round 2: The field narrows
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 9, 2012 at 14:44 Quote
First off, let me just apologize to readers who already saw this posting over in the DH Racing forum. I don't mean to be redundant, but I really need your insight, and haven't gotten much response yet over there.

I posted a request for advice a couple of weeks ago in my search for a new DH rig, and every response from you guys really helped me contemplate my options, and to consider a few new ones that hadn't even occurred to me. That's the beauty of these forums: access to a huge community of riders with a far greater body of knowledge and experience than I could ever develop on my own.

Here's my dilemma: I'm looking to start racing DH, but need to purchase a bike for not only that purpose, but one suited to some big-hit/freeride chicanery as well. Thanks to your responses the last time around, I have whittled down the field to the Knolly Podium, Cove Shocker, and Transition TR450. Any insight you guys could offer on any of these bikes, or even into the companies that make them (and dealing with them), would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all so much; I'll look forward to reading your responses.

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2012 at 19:58 Quote
I've heard Transition is a friendly company to deal with should you have any questions or concerns. I also see a lot of them around the trails, riders ripping DH or hitting drops on them, and I've also yet to see or hear stories about broken 450s. They seem to be a pretty good all-round bike.

Posted: Jan 10, 2012 at 19:17 Quote
Thanks, Drood, for the info.

C'mon guys...please help me out here, particularly in re: the Shocker and Podium. I am living on the east coast of the U.S., so access to these two bikes is extremely limited.

I'd love to know how the last two bikes above compare: carrying speed, jumping (especially as I've read elsewhere that the Podium is kind of a longer bike, and somewhat difficult to jump/less "flickable"), durability. Any info about dealing with these companies, and their customer service is especially appreciated, as, again, I'm not in Canada.

Thanks guys!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010059
Mobile Version of Website