New build in leicester

PB Forum :: Trail Building
New build in leicester
  • Previous Page
FL
Posted: Jan 12, 2012 at 6:46 Quote
Im new to pinkbike and have posted something similar on the dirt jump forum but its probobly more relevant on here. Iv receently moved to Leicester and after riding at western park i wanted to build something a bit more challenging in a more secluded location. Iv already built a 6ft step down into a 5ft kicker but as iv been digging solo some more hands (and shovels) would get a decent line going by spring/summer . If your interested Give me a hola. Thanks.

FL
Posted: Jan 19, 2012 at 8:47 Quote
Build going really well so far, the first double has about a 12-15ft gap and now starting a hip. Again if you live in the leicester area and want to give me a hand please let me know on here its shaping up to be a really good play ground for dirt monkeys and with the progress iv made by myself with a little help we could get a sick line going by spring/summer. Thanks

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 10:00 Quote
On a placement year from uni at the moment, but come september i will be back in Leicester and will be very interested ! any pictures of your work so far?

FL
Posted: Jan 25, 2012 at 1:28 Quote
Look forward to meeting you there but if you have any mates that might be up for it tell them to give me a hola! I will post some pictures up when iv got done the hip in. Good luck on your placement!

Posted: Jan 25, 2012 at 14:39 Quote
Cheers dude! Keep me up to date! Only in loughborough so may be able to lend a hand when I get a free Saturday

Posted: Jan 28, 2012 at 3:01 Quote
Aup buddy!

Where abouts are you building? I live in Loughborough and we've started some work at a local spot here too.

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 4:49 Quote
Where abouts in Loughborough you starting work on?always keen for a dig!

Posted: Feb 7, 2012 at 5:33 Quote
In Nottingham, could make the trip to Loughborough easily Leicester maybe a few times

FL
Posted: Feb 16, 2012 at 3:05 Quote
All being well i will be having a dig on sunday and any help would be appreciated! If your interested PM me and il give you my number and trail location. With only a bit of help we coul get a good pack of 4 or 5 going by spring and a cheeky secret spot for only those in the know in the process. Many thanks . Bryn.

Posted: Feb 19, 2012 at 2:27 Quote
Aup,

We're having a build at our loughborough spot today too. Unless you see this before you set off I suppose, hit me up with some details and I might be able to talk the guys into heading your way. 3 extra shovels!!

FL
Posted: Feb 19, 2012 at 2:40 Quote
Im down here now on me todd! Any time your in the south east leicester area hit me up on here il get back to you.

Posted: Mar 1, 2012 at 1:39 Quote
squarewheeler
im in leicester and part of the old skool dig it all crew we built the track at the rally ( the one befor the concil turned it into rolling jumps ) and built up western park many years ago and a few of my mates are still rideing a building there also spots in and around leicester and even swivland woods were the main crew that kicked this off over 10 years ago now and i bet a few old skool riders will know me and the crew ( tom,burger,cozza ,azz,sam,calvin,bod,ect ) a few of us have moved on to DH now and no longer ride dirt jumps as we have a place in wales we are building anyway get intouch and i can alway put u in contact with the dig it all dirt jump boys

FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 at 1:50 Quote
That sounds right up my street mate thanks for posting. Have you seen what they are doing at western now? Its a right mess! Iv checked out a few spots around leicester like swithland and shepshed but there doesnt seem to be a happy medium, western are just rollers and the villij trails are way beyond my capabilities though the trails off the old train tracks are okay but need developing. The spot im building (trying) are just some decent sized hits for intermediate riders but as iv said on here its slow progress digging by yourself! Any help hooking up with local riders would be great as im sure there are trails i know nothing about.

Posted: Mar 1, 2012 at 2:03 Quote
the thing with western is the council flattend the old bmx race tack due to a kid braking an arm and his mum getting the place flattend so we started building jumps and after the council found out they said they can stay if everyone can ride so all jumps were made to be rolled i havent been down western in a year or so so carnt say wot it looks like now
depends wot you ride if you ride abit of freeride then might be worth a trip out with us to wales were going this sunday but its mainly DH but if you freeride you would still have a great laff

FL
Posted: Mar 1, 2012 at 3:42 Quote
someone has been building in the last couple of months and they clearly dont have a scooby! not wanting to burn peoples efforts because they arent finished yet but what they have done already is a bit out there! would love to do a bit of freeride but the reason i started building near where i now live is because travel costs are eating up money i dont have and wanted to have something on my doorstep (dont we all?!). I was riding cannock chase the other day on my dual sus and loved it but would love to do some proper downhilling. thanks again for the post and please hit me up if you know of anyone up for a ride localy. chers Bryn

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012755
Mobile Version of Website