Powered by Outside

Knocking the local trails.

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Knocking the local trails.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 18, 2012 at 12:32 Quote
the local downhill trail is being ruined by riders who dont want to take the jumps that are made so they take the tops of them off and make them smaller. Its really annoying when you love a jump and someones after ruining it.

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 at 16:45 Quote
I know exactly how you feel, pisses me off! If people dont like the line why dont they stop being selfish and build another one next to it (smaller jump/drop or chicken run) instead of ruin it for others. If you are too scared to ride whats there and to lazy to build an alternative then just dont go to that trail!!! Frown

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 at 16:52 Quote
exactly!! heck, there are some jumps on my local trails i dont go off of, but that doesn't mean i make em smaller, the trails are wide enough to ride around every jump.

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 at 16:56 Quote
Some of the stuff i build for my mates is out of my riding league, but i just build something cool for me to session. Smile its a win - win. I dont see why better riders should suffer for those who are less able like me! Smile

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 2:24 Quote
the worst thing is that there are chicken runs on every jump

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 11:01 Quote
Realy!!! and they still trash the stuff........... unbelievable Frown

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 12:01 Quote
ya i know,its horrible

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 12:06 Quote
It's so annoying! Also I find that when you realise who's done it and go to speak to them, they go all shy and seem intimidated, anyone else have that?

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 12:10 Quote
the-masked-rakist wrote:
It's so annoying! Also I find that when you realise who's done it and go to speak to them, they go all shy and seem intimidated, anyone else have that?

Check Trail builder rants thread , I had a run in with some track altering idiots today.

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 12:20 Quote
How'd they react?

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 12:26 Quote
bigburd wrote:
the-masked-rakist wrote:

Check Trail builder rants thread , I had a run in with some track altering idiots today.

i hope you told them off mate

Posted: Jan 22, 2012 at 14:32 Quote
i hope you told them off mate[/Quote]

Yeah and me. Good thing i wasnt there, would have been a mini war! Smile

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 3:17 Quote
I think I made my point pretty clear to them , I was aggressive but not overly so , he would not make eye contact after a while so hopefully it' sorted now , gonna pop up there later to make sure he did not do some 'revenge' destruction on my trails after I left...

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 8:41 Quote
bigburd wrote:
I think I made my point pretty clear to them , I was aggressive but not overly so , he would not make eye contact after a while so hopefully it' sorted now , gonna pop up there later to make sure he did not do some 'revenge' destruction on my trails after I left...
he,d go to hell if he did

Posted: Jan 23, 2012 at 12:20 Quote
He,d go to hell if he did[/Quote]
Nicely put! Smile

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.638081
Mobile Version of Website