Please help me choose a color to p-coat my frame.

PB Forum :: Post Your Ride
Please help me choose a color to p-coat my frame.
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 14:07 Quote
So I got my Bottlerocket frame powder-coated a few months back and the guy who did it coated it the wrong color so he said he would fix it for free. I have to choose the new color by Monday and i'm having trouble picking between two colors. I had the fine PB members of the photoshop thread do it up in the two colors I am thinking of getting it done in so if you have an opinion on which one would look better let me know. Thanks in advance for the help. Here's the colors:
pS
pS

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 14:21 Quote
Draggon wrote:
So I got my Bottlerocket frame powder-coated a few months back and the guy who did it coated it the wrong color so he said he would fix it for free. I have to choose the new color by Monday and i'm having trouble picking between two colors. I had the fine PB members of the photoshop thread do it up in the two colors I am thinking of getting it done in so if you have an opinion on which one would look better let me know. Thanks in advance for the help. Here's the colors:
pS
pS

Green. IMO, The Brown just looks to rusty.

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 14:31 Quote
Thanks man. Yeah, it's actually supposed to be a pale orange but I can see how it does look brown.

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 15:24 Quote
id go green mate it just stands out and looks good

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 16:29 Quote
Well out of the two, Id say green, but have you thought about blue?

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 16:42 Quote
I like white, red, silver, and charcoal grey the best, but of those 2 I like the green

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 16:44 Quote
PS.... That bike is a BEAST

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 17:04 Quote
Thanks Session! I freakin love the thing.

Funny you guys mentioned blue, white and silver because I had them do it up in those colors as well:
photo
Photoshop
Photoshop
I do like the white and silver but I kinda want it to stand out more.....

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 17:54 Quote
Actually I really dig that white! I just think white on any bikes looks really clean and crisp.

O+
Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 18:05 Quote
Id say go for the blue or green. Probably blue imo. Blue and red looks awesome together Smile Let us know what color you choose in the end!

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 18:21 Quote
bryandickson wrote:
Id say go for the blue or green. Probably blue imo. Blue and red looks awesome together Smile Let us know what color you choose in the end!

Yeah, I will definitely let you guys know.......I wouldn't do that to you after asking for your help, haha.

Green is the leader with most everybody so far it seems and now I am liking it a lot more......

@ Opinion, I do like the white but I think that it needs to have a white fork to complete the look. Kinda like the opposite of murdered out.......I guess that would be resurrected out?

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 18:29 Quote
White or Brown. What about a Dark Navy Blue?

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 19:09 Quote
I'd say is not about the color..... is about what they make us feel....freedom, alive, hapiness... Yes they look nice on nicer colors but do you really think is about color?

Just get on the bike and appreciate you can walk and ride it.

Just my opinion don't mean to upset anybody.

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 19:25 Quote
tiny2 wrote:
I'd say is not about the color..... is about what they make us feel....freedom, alive, hapiness... Yes they look nice on nicer colors but do you really think is about color?

Just get on the bike and appreciate you can walk and ride it.

Just my opinion don't mean to upset anybody.

That's deep.

But I'd say that people can discuss their preferences regarding aesthetics without somebody bloviating about the spiritual meaning of their bike. Do you take note of the color of the clothing you put on in the morning, or do you just appreciate that it keeps you warm when you go outside?

Just my opinion.

Posted: Feb 3, 2012 at 19:43 Quote
Draggon wrote:

@ Opinion, I do like the white but I think that it needs to have a white fork to complete the look. Kinda like the opposite of murdered out.......I guess that would be resurrected out?

Haha I resurrected out could work, but I totally see where you are coming from... I say stick with the green. It's pretty fresh looking.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017765
Mobile Version of Website