brakes

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 10, 2012 at 23:54 Quote
so i just upgraded my current brake levers and new cables. now the braking seems worse and too stiff or slow. in order for me to stop in an emergency i would have to slam them on really hard and even then they wont seem to work. when should i do next? new pads new whole brakes completely? could it be my rims are getting old? basically the pads are close to the wheel but there's just no grab

Posted: Feb 11, 2012 at 4:08 Quote
mountainbikelover26 wrote:
so i just upgraded my current brake levers and new cables. now the braking seems worse and too stiff or slow. in order for me to stop in an emergency i would have to slam them on really hard and even then they wont seem to work. when should i do next? new pads new whole brakes completely? could it be my rims are getting old? basically the pads are close to the wheel but there's just no grab
tricky one really. Pop into your bike shop

Posted: Feb 11, 2012 at 15:58 Quote
sure you got compatible levers? theres a difference between v-brake and canti levers...

Posted: Oct 9, 2012 at 16:19 Quote
This is probably a dumb question but do discs go bad like pads do? Mine are pretty well used and my brakes don't seem to be grabbing them.They're awful brakes anyway so that could be way

Posted: Oct 10, 2012 at 3:43 Quote
mtnbkrforlife wrote:
This is probably a dumb question but do discs go bad like pads do? Mine are pretty well used and my brakes don't seem to be grabbing them.They're awful brakes anyway so that could be way

Yea discs can get worn beyond good use , if you can feel a ridge on the edge of the disc where the pads touch then it's time for new discs.

Posted: Oct 10, 2012 at 7:07 Quote
bigburd wrote:
mtnbkrforlife wrote:

Yea discs can get worn beyond good use , if you can feel a ridge on the edge of the disc where the pads touch then it's time for new discs.

Alright, thanks. I'll check them out when I get home

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010409
Mobile Version of Website