The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 14:46 Quote
How is this tire thing 180 even done hah looks easy seems complicated lol

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 14:46 Quote
Yea that guys got steeze.

Edit: lean forward and swing the back wheel to one side, making sure to go weightless on the pedals while doing the spin. Backpedal as soon as you end up riding in reverse. Slick/dusty surfaces work great as the tire doesn't have as much grip so it glides much easier. It also helps to put a small carve in before you lean to the front.

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 14:51 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
How is this tire thing 180 even done hah looks easy seems complicated lol
its actually a lot harder to get around than I thought it would be, I carve as hard as if i was gunna go for a 5( but really tight and fast so you hardly tunr at all but have some momentum) lean forward and spin hard without lifting my legs so you're wheels never leave the ground but has to weight over it so can slide along

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 15:12 Quote
So I was riding at joyride today and I decided I wanted to try a spine. I hit the small one first (roughly 4 feet) and after a few tries I felt pretty comfortable and so I went to the jumbo street park and starting spining the 6-7 footer. after a few spines to flat I got the hang of it and i was riding the spine pretty clean. I wasn't getting very high though (just floating over it) and I wanted to try and get more air but I wasn't sure how to do it but still land smoothly on the other side of the spine, does anybody have any tips?

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 15:15 Quote
MisterPeople wrote:
So I was riding at joyride today and I decided I wanted to try a spine. I hit the small one first (roughly 4 feet) and after a few tries I felt pretty comfortable and so I went to the jumbo street park and starting spining the 6-7 footer. after a few spines to flat I got the hang of it and i was riding the spine pretty clean. I wasn't getting very high though (just floating over it) and I wanted to try and get more air but I wasn't sure how to do it but still land smoothly on the other side of the spine, does anybody have any tips?
go faster, pull up harder and air you're front wheel just under coping, once you can spine comfortably you can build it up pretty fast (this is from my friend who can really boost them, i hate spines with a passion)

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 15:21 Quote
Spines are sketchy, everytime I try a spine I shoot to flat onto the backwheel lol

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 15:26 Quote
scrippsranchDJ wrote:
Spines are sketchy, everytime I try a spine I shoot to flat onto the backwheel lol
That happened to my a few times but I spent about 2 hours hitting it over and over from both ways and I eventually got it down pretty clean, they are a lot of fun imo.

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 15:29 Quote
I seem to notice that most people who kill spines tend to kind of float sideways over them before nosing down. I dunno though, never done one, would probably eat shit if I tried.

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 15:31 Quote
Urbaniste wrote:
I seem to notice that most people who kill spines tend to kind of float sideways over them before nosing down. I dunno though, never done one, would probably eat shit if I tried.
Thats what I had going, I sat there and watched some guys hit it and realized that they were floating sideways, after eating shit twice I finally got the motion down and I was floating sideways really well, It seems that if you dont do it that way that you will always over shoot it.

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 15:36 Quote
MisterPeople wrote:
Urbaniste wrote:
Thats what I had going, I sat there and watched some guys hit it and realized that they were floating sideways, after eating shit twice I finally got the motion down and I was floating sideways really well, It seems that if you dont do it that way that you will always over shoot it.

Lol, yeah I've never quite grasped the physics of how that works which is why I think I've never tried it.

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 16:34 Quote
Would it be considerd gay to post a picture of my bike that's instagramed?

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 16:34 Quote
f*ck off and just post the damn thing.

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 16:36 Quote
bmxxican wrote:
Are you bigjune? On instagram lol

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 16:37 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
bmxxican wrote:
nope, no idea who that is.

Posted: Apr 21, 2013 at 16:38 Quote
bmxxican wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
bmxxican wrote:
nope, no idea who that is.
oh well he changed his name from bmxxican so just wondering haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.034123
Mobile Version of Website