The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 22:05 Quote
Good brakes guys? I want to leave the set from my previous frame for trails (only stops doesn't lock up so good to scrub off speed) and I want a good brake for abubacas and all that street matter

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 22:19 Quote
lettusdude wrote:
It's not the size that makes it awkward. It's not being able to coast. Why would I ride a half pipe constantly pedalling? And straps just feel awful compared to clipless pedals and shoes system. Straps feel flimsy no matter how tight they are made. It's easier in my experience to clip and unclip than to have to align my foot in and out of strapw awkwardly, and I just feel more connected to the bike. This goes for fixed gear as well as freehubs.

I put clips on my fixie to try clips and couldn't take them off fast enough. Maybe it's just me, but my foot would only ever point with my toes straight down. I could never get the cleat right so my foot was level. Because the only part that pulled up on the pedal was the clip, i actually found the strap worked better. Bigger area to pull against. Added bonus is getting to wear my comfy shoes.
To each their own but deffo straps for me. Faster and easier than clips.

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 22:44 Quote
Yea, takes all kinds to make the world go round. I find it much easier to unclip than to pull shoes from the strap, and I feel I get more power as I can pull with my whole shoe rather than just what is strapped. I have a lot of trouble flipping a strapped pedal around and getting my foot in. Clipless it is mindless for me. As for casual clipless shoes, I'm currently wearing these DZR shoes.
photo

I dislike the look of the bright plastic looking roadie shoes, and they are awful for walking in.
I know Five Ten make a good looking clipless shoe as well I'll try once my current shoes wear out.

Posted: Apr 26, 2017 at 22:46 Quote
jespinal wrote:
Good brakes guys? I want to leave the set from my previous frame for trails (only stops doesn't lock up so good to scrub off speed) and I want a good brake for abubacas and all that street matter

I've been riding Odyssey Evo II's since they came out almost ten years ago, and had the original Evolvers before that. Get yourself a quality cable and pads and know how to set up a brake and you'll be fine. A chrome rim also helps. I'm over 200 lbs and have no trouble locking the brake for tricks.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 0:17 Quote
Just watch out for clear pads on bare metal rim, sounds like a pterodactyl dying. Stops good though.

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 11:10 Quote

Nothing clap behind the back at 10.30 and held it for AAAAGES that was focking beast

Posted: Apr 27, 2017 at 15:33 Quote
jespinal wrote:

Nothing clap behind the back at 10.30 and held it for AAAAGES that was focking beast

The end of that video. so legit! Scotty deserves everything he gets. Hopefully he gets back on a bike soon.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 12:01 Quote
joepuddle wrote:
jespinal wrote:

The end of that video. so legit! Scotty deserves everything he gets. Hopefully he gets back on a bike soon.
Had a wee gander through his videos, the guy had a Ti plate in his forehead? Damn, new park trend incoming. Nah but I hope the guy is back at it soon, he's pulling in mad views on his channel, must have that ad revenue through the roof.

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 12:52 Quote
Kieran-Young wrote:
joepuddle wrote:
jespinal wrote:

Had a wee gander through his videos, the guy had a Ti plate in his forehead? Damn, new park trend incoming. Nah but I hope the guy is back at it soon, he's pulling in mad views on his channel, must have that ad revenue through the roof.

maybe if he's lucky he can pull in such a massive amount of revenue that he can pay for part of his medical bills

Posted: Apr 29, 2017 at 17:09 Quote
Pretty sure the GoFundMe pages and sponsors covered a lot of his medical expenses. Possibly not all, but I would hope they did. He's really awe inspiring with his progress now. Never thought I'd see him even throw a leg over a bike again, and he did that much a while back. Now he's standing up on command and has decent upper body motors going again. It's awesome.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 2:41 Quote
He still has numb legs though, might take a while to gaint that feeling back

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 5:58 Quote
Business 2 was dope

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 6:23 Quote
crs-one wrote:
Business 2 was dope
patiently awaiting the DVD release.. Hella wish I could have went to the premiere

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 8:21 Quote
newfie-rides wrote:
crs-one wrote:
Business 2 was dope
patiently awaiting the DVD release.. Hella wish I could have went to the premiere

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 at 17:54 Quote
for lifting the front wheel, do you use your hips and shift the weight back, or use your arms to thrust your body backwards?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.024644
Mobile Version of Website