The 20" street thread

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
The 20" street thread
O+
Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 8:40 Quote
Is the BMX Subrosa Salvador 20″ a good bmx bike? Its being sold at a local shop for $275. Comes with pegs, and some shitty pedals that i'd swap if i got it!

https://images.craigslist.org/00j0j_kcgII0b4gUj_600x450.jpg

Posted: Jan 16, 2018 at 18:05 Quote
Priorities...it has hi tensil bars, be my first change way before the pedals. Pedal snaps, more than likely you still have the spindle for support, bars snap and now you're calling a plastic surgeon!

AS MUCH 4130 AND SEALED PARTS is what you want for as cheap as possible for a complete bike is the goal, or buy used custom, or work overtime and build what you want. My opinion homies

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 5:35 Quote
matwilliams wrote:
Cheers guys.
<Photo does not exist: 8172333>
There's a few photos on Pinkbike, just use the picture search tool and type in mafia bmx or some variation of that. I've known one crack locally from basic riding. But just run it and wreck it, replace what breaks.

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 11:27 Quote
mr-nozzer wrote:
matwilliams wrote:
Cheers guys.
There's a few photos on Pinkbike, just use the picture search tool and type in mafia bmx or some variation of that. I've known one crack locally from basic riding. But just run it and wreck it, replace what breaks.
I refuse to believe there is any solid evidence mafia is shit. Just here say.

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 14:42 Quote
mr-nozzer wrote:
matwilliams wrote:
Cheers guys.

Ouch! Thanks, just searched and found a couple of examples from a wee while back, seems the headtube is the weak area on them! Mafia seem to have added gussets since then so hopefully that's gone a little way towards some prevention.

That's the plan, replace things that break, hopefully I'll be lucky, but if I do break it I'll be adding to the gallery!

Posted: Jan 17, 2018 at 16:54 Quote
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
mr-nozzer wrote:
matwilliams wrote:
Cheers guys.

Well, you shouldn't, there's clear and conclusive evidence right here on pinkbike!

Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 13:39 Quote
matwilliams wrote:
bigbrotherbmx wrote:
mr-nozzer wrote:

Well, you shouldn't, there's clear and conclusive evidence right here on pinkbike!

You win

Posted: Jan 20, 2018 at 16:01 Quote
Views: 1,844    Faves: 15    Comments: 1

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 16:35 Quote
ArcherMatt wrote:
Is the BMX Subrosa Salvador 20″ a good bmx bike? Its being sold at a local shop for $275. Comes with pegs, and some shitty pedals that i'd swap if i got it!

$275 is not a bad price for the Salvador. It's a good entry level bike. It has a chromo dt, tt, and chain stays and all sealed bearings. I'm guessing it's used at that price. New they are about $400.
I see you're in Dracut. If you want to check out other Subrosas and Kinks come down to Cycle Loft in Burlington. We stock full lines of both.

Posted: Jan 22, 2018 at 18:29 Quote
Brad Simms in xgames real street, stoked.

O+
Posted: Jan 23, 2018 at 17:40 Quote
velo-suburbia wrote:
ArcherMatt wrote:

$275 is not a bad price for the Salvador. It's a good entry level bike. It has a chromo dt, tt, and chain stays and all sealed bearings. I'm guessing it's used at that price. New they are about $400.
I see you're in Dracut. If you want to check out other Subrosas and Kinks come down to Cycle Loft in Burlington. We stock full lines of both.

Sounds good, maybe ill probably make the drive down when I have a couple hours at hand. The salvador is being sold new for that price from city bicycle in lowell

Posted: Jan 26, 2018 at 16:19 Quote
So I won a pair of stranger grips from eric L, shame I live in the complete opposite side of the world XD

Posted: Jan 26, 2018 at 19:10 Quote
jespinal wrote:
So I won a pair of stranger grips from eric L, shame I live in the complete opposite side of the world XD

I have access to an unlimited supply of stranger grips and just take if I need lol

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.038573
Mobile Version of Website