Need my suspension set up for my weight. Help please!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Need my suspension set up for my weight. Help please!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 1:54 Quote
Ok, so i've been on Pinkbike for a while now and haven't needed to use the forum until now. I just finished building my downhill rig last year and I'm just now getting around to COMPLETELY dialing it in. I have a 2010 Rock Shox Boxxer team front fork that i got, and i need it rebuilt AND i need the springs swapped out for the spring that accommodates my weight. I also need my rear shock (fox dhx 5.0 pretty sure its a 2008 model) rebuilt and i need the proper spring for my weight as well. Now i weigh around 200 pounds, where could i send both pieces to get this done? Thanks for any help you could give me!

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 3:27 Quote

Precisely what i was looking for! Thanks. I don't know how things work on this forum, but if you guys close threads on here once they've served there purpose then feel free to do so!

Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 3:29 Quote
FastAdams wrote:

Precisely what i was looking for! Thanks. I don't know how things work on this forum, but if you guys close threads on here once they've served there purpose then feel free to do so!

Get it pushed then tell us how it feels.

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2012 at 3:52 Quote
marquis wrote:
FastAdams wrote:

Ok will do, then i'll just swap the title and it will become a review. Thanks again!

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2012 at 12:53 Quote
Yo Mr. Mod sir, i have a problem. Push'd doesn't do any boxers newer then 2009 :/. Know any other companies that could do a rebuild/custom cartridge setup? I know there was a company mentioned months ago in a feature, but i don't remember the name..

(EDIT) never mind i stumbled across cr-1 !

O+
Posted: Mar 6, 2012 at 11:36 Quote
FastAdams wrote:
marquis wrote:
FastAdams wrote:

Ok will do, then i'll just swap the title and it will become a review. Thanks again!

Hey, so CR-1 can't do anything for me, and neither can push as far as my 2010 boxer team. know any shops local to lancaster county pa that can rebuild it and put the spring in or am i out of luck? anywhere else i can send it to get it done?

Posted: Mar 7, 2012 at 3:52 Quote
if your feeling confident, service them yourself. boxxers really arent that complex, it just takes some patience and care. have a look on google for a service manual, you should find one easily enough. and with your rear shock, find a spring rate calculator, enter the details and there you go Smile . with all the settings on it, there are some good online tuning guides for DHX5.0s, have a look round and then a fiddle Smile

O+
Posted: Mar 7, 2012 at 5:12 Quote
inked-up-metalhead wrote:
if your feeling confident, service them yourself. boxxers really arent that complex, it just takes some patience and care. have a look on google for a service manual, you should find one easily enough. and with your rear shock, find a spring rate calculator, enter the details and there you go Smile . with all the settings on it, there are some good online tuning guides for DHX5.0s, have a look round and then a fiddle Smile

Well i'm going to get my rear shock Push'd, and i guess i could just get a rebuild kit from somewhere and do it myself...

Posted: Mar 7, 2012 at 5:14 Quote
sounds like a good plan Big Grin youve got to think, boxxers are relatively maintenance heavy, so itll save you a bomb in future being able to service them yourself

Posted: Oct 15, 2012 at 21:31 Quote
[Quote="FastAdams"]
FastAdams wrote:
marquis wrote:

Hey, so CR-1 can't do anything for me, and neither can push as far as my 2010 boxer team. know any shops local to lancaster county pa that can rebuild it and put the spring in or am i out of luck? anywhere else i can send it to get it done?[/Quote
I've been trying to get a hold on cr1 for a while and can't find anything recent. their ph# doesn't work or anything. How did you contact them?]

Posted: Oct 18, 2012 at 20:55 Quote
Call us at shop, we have boxxers dialed and have been doing so for years, one of a few recommended service stations for RockShox in USA. Feel free to call em and ask about us. Thanks
Isotuned.com

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012115
Mobile Version of Website