Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here

PB Forum :: Downhill
Got Any DH Questions? Ask Them Here
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 14:49 Quote
Yes but there customer service is awfull so im not expecting to hear from them anytime soon

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 14:51 Quote
azda08 wrote:
Yes but there customer service is awfull so im not expecting to hear from them anytime soon
Don't know about the bolt, but torque values are standardized per bolt size. You can find some charts if you search for torque specs in google images.

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 14:53 Quote
Arnoodles wrote:
azda08 wrote:
Don't know about the bolt, but torque values are standardized per bolt size. You can find some charts if you search for torque specs in google images.

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 14:54 Quote
anyone running spank spike race 28 rims? how do they holdup to dh and park riding? thinking about getting a pair.

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 14:55 Quote
I am buying a new DH bike and I have two choices. 1. 2014 scott gambler 20 for 2400 or 2. canfield jedi for 2800. Both are demo bikes at a bike park both keep in great shape. I am wondering if one is substantially better then the other. I rode both and prefered the scott.

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 15:03 Quote
ncaplan wrote:
I am buying a new DH bike and I have two choices. 1. 2014 scott gambler 20 for 2400 or 2. canfield jedi for 2800. Both are demo bikes at a bike park both keep in great shape. I am wondering if one is substantially better then the other. I rode both and prefered the scott.

then go for the scott. the jedi wll potentially jump worse but be the best over fast rocky open trails

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 16:52 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
ncaplan wrote:

then go for the scott. the jedi wll potentially jump worse but be the best over fast rocky open trails
Is the jedi a lot better of a bike? or are they relatively even.

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 17:10 Quote
ncaplan wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:
ncaplan wrote:

I wouldn't say 'better', just different. I think it would depend on what kind of trails you ride. Both bikes are at the top of their class eating rock gardens is concerned.

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 18:00 Quote
ncaplan wrote:

scott gambler

O+
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 18:39 Quote
ncaplan wrote:

If you like the gambler then buy it. No point spending more on a bike you prefer less.

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 18:40 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
ncaplan wrote:

If you like the gambler then buy it. No point spending more on a bike you prefer less.
I have canfield lust abd would kill many things to own a Jedi....but if you prefer the Scott goo that way

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 18:41 Quote
ibishreddin wrote:
ncaplan wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:

I wouldn't say 'better', just different. I think it would depend on what kind of trails you ride. Both bikes are at the top of their class eating rock gardens is concerned.
\
I ride some rocky stuff some smaller jumps/banks kinda stuff and a lot of like in the woods

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 18:42 Quote
HardtailHucker03 wrote:
TBLeldarado wrote:
So I'm getting everything on lock for when I start to build up/gather parts for the V10 I want...
I want to know if this is a solid set up. For warning I like (if not love to) have everything matching (brand wise)
Here's the component list
- Rockshox world cup boxxer 2015
-Sram code Disc brakes
-XO1 7s rear derailleur
-XO1 7s Shifter
-XO1 7s speed rear cassette
-Not sure yet for chain
-XO1 DH crankset
-Thomson Elite seat post
-Tioga Spyder seat
-E*thirteen LG1 27.5 wheelset
-Havoc 35 carbon bars
-Havoc 35 bolt on stem
-Magic Marys folding bead 2.5"

I realize that the brands don't match directly but there all owned by SRAM (other than E*thirteen)

If you have any suggestions than please comment below also no going to Shimano being I already have the fork...
For brakes go with SRAM Guide's even the lowest end model is fantastic and this is coming from someone who's always used Shimano brakes.
I tried a pair of guides (on a Norco sight) out today and a pair of codes (on a Kona operator) they both felt quite good but the codes felt better. Not sure if it's because of the type of bike or not though

Posted: May 24, 2015 at 18:46 Quote
ThunderChunk wrote:
ncaplan wrote:

Its not that I didn't like the canfield just the scott felt better if the canfield is going to preform better I would maybe go with that

O+
Posted: May 24, 2015 at 19:06 Quote
TBLeldarado wrote:
HardtailHucker03 wrote:
TBLeldarado wrote:
So I'm getting everything on lock for when I start to build up/gather parts for the V10 I want...
I want to know if this is a solid set up. For warning I like (if not love to) have everything matching (brand wise)
Here's the component list
- Rockshox world cup boxxer 2015
-Sram code Disc brakes
-XO1 7s rear derailleur
-XO1 7s Shifter
-XO1 7s speed rear cassette
-Not sure yet for chain
-XO1 DH crankset
-Thomson Elite seat post
-Tioga Spyder seat
-E*thirteen LG1 27.5 wheelset
-Havoc 35 carbon bars
-Havoc 35 bolt on stem
-Magic Marys folding bead 2.5"

I realize that the brands don't match directly but there all owned by SRAM (other than E*thirteen)

If you have any suggestions than please comment below also no going to Shimano being I already have the fork...
For brakes go with SRAM Guide's even the lowest end model is fantastic and this is coming from someone who's always used Shimano brakes.
I tried a pair of guides (on a Norco sight) out today and a pair of codes (on a Kona operator) they both felt quite good but the codes felt better. Not sure if it's because of the type of bike or not though

In my opinion, a properly bled set of Codes can't be beat. The power they have for high speeds and modulation in technical terrain is about as good as you'll find. But the key is to take the time to properly bleed them, if you don't you'll get fade.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027238
Mobile Version of Website