Powered by Outside

Brooklyn - Race Link

PB Forum :: Downhill
Brooklyn - Race Link
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 17, 2007 at 14:14 Quote
Just wondering if anybody has ever ridden or owned one of these bikes, and are they worth the money that they ask for them. They look amazing.

Posted: Dec 18, 2007 at 23:47 Quote
There are two guys on this site that I know of that ride them, one is actually for sale...Talk to them about the bikes. Personally, they don't look like they ride as nice as the price portrays...

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 5:31 Quote
Surprised BMW hasn't jumped in this thread! Never seen one in real life, but i think you have to be committed to buy one, i.e. no doubts at all that you want one. For one they are all steel so they aint light. The drive system looks all custom, so may be expensive to run. However the anti-chaingrowth system and floating brake make for a good performance bike. If you've fallen in love with it, then buy it. if you're unsure, don't IMO

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 5:52 Quote
Mark Weightman i think his name is has won loads of British series races and titles on his and a couple of my mates have had them before. They are heavy but not un-racable.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 6:04 Quote
contact c.o.d51,he's got a pinkbike account and he rides a race link.I don't know if he's account is on this new forum.Check out he's account on the old forum.

http://vpfree.pinkbike.com/bb/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=107228

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 6:23 Quote
Two of my riding buddies ride Race Links. Definately big burly bikes, but not as heavy as one might expect for a huge steel bike with two chains. Not sure if they are on this site or not.... Byron.... Clint? As far as I can remember the bikes came in around 45 pounds give or take a bit. The non-growth chain set up was impressive for sure and seemed to work for what it was supposed to do. I didn't ride it myself, but I watched them a lot when I should have been watching the trail. I'll see if I can get them to give a bit of a review.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 6:26 Quote
one of my friends has one and i ride it just about every weekend and its pretty good, he loves it. on this site his username is mtbr

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 17:05 Quote
well worth the money. easily the nicest and best performing DH bike i have ever owned or ridden.

Posted: Feb 12, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
4130rulz wrote:
well worth the money. easily the nicest and best performing DH bike i have ever owned or ridden.

Yup, it`s just plain awesome. I`ve been riding and beating mine for two years now almost daily and it´s durability and low maintenance defo justify the alleged higher price. Besides a worn Profile chainring and chain replaced, I`ve had no expenses on the kit since purchase.
Weight worries can be eliminated using a light and strong wheelset, `cause that`s what really counts. But even with that heavy-duty wheel setup on mine, she accelerates like a 4x-hardtail. Bob-free pedalling gives riding a bigbike a whole new dimension - not to mention the advantage of precise breaking!
I don`t plan on buying another rig during the next few years - well, maybe a SR6.

Posted: Jan 29, 2014 at 0:34 Quote
Looking for forward and middle position drop outs for Race Link if anyone has them. Thanks.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.868260
Mobile Version of Website