Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 12:52 Quote
I think 'properly maintained' is the problem. A lot of people believe that by not touching it and just riding the piss out of something, it should last forever.

O+
Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 18:35 Quote
cjwanner wrote:
I think 'properly maintained' is the problem. A lot of people believe that by not touching it and just riding the piss out of something, it should last forever.

Zoke use to be maintenance free for years... RIP

Posted: Aug 17, 2015 at 21:49 Quote
My 2015 Norco Aurum C7.1
  My 2015 Norco Aurum C7.1

Here's my Aurum C7.1. Had her a couple of months now, love it!!

Posted: Aug 18, 2015 at 7:50 Quote
fattrick wrote:
cjwanner wrote:

Zoke use to be maintenance free for years... RIP

#openbath

Posted: Aug 18, 2015 at 15:49 Quote
aussiedhpinner wrote:
My 2015 Norco Aurum C7.1
  My 2015 Norco Aurum C7.1

Were you coming from an aluminum Aurum from previous years? And if so did you stick with the same size???

Posted: Aug 18, 2015 at 16:03 Quote
mlr428 wrote:
aussiedhpinner wrote:
My 2015 Norco Aurum C7.1
  My 2015 Norco Aurum C7.1

Were you coming from an aluminum Aurum from previous years? And if so did you stick with the same size???

No. My last 3 bikes have been 2 Devinci Wilsons & an Evil Undead, so this is completely different in terms of feel. The Evil & Devinci feel similar. I've had a 2015 Norco Sight C7.2 for around 4 months now, so changing to the Aurum was an easy decision.

Posted: Aug 18, 2015 at 16:32 Quote
aussiedhpinner wrote:
mlr428 wrote:
aussiedhpinner wrote:
My 2015 Norco Aurum C7.1
  My 2015 Norco Aurum C7.1

No. My last 3 bikes have been 2 Devinci Wilsons & an Evil Undead, so this is completely different in terms of feel. The Evil & Devinci feel similar. I've had a 2015 Norco Sight C7.2 for around 4 months now, so changing to the Aurum was an easy decision.
Word. I got a 2013 Aurum and a 2014 Sight carbon 7.1 and I'm looking at the 2016 Aurum and I'm curious how the 650b fits compared to the 2013 geo

Posted: Aug 18, 2015 at 20:18 Quote
aussiedhpinner wrote:
mlr428 wrote:
aussiedhpinner wrote:
My 2015 Norco Aurum C7.1
  My 2015 Norco Aurum C7.1

how do you like the sight?

Posted: Aug 18, 2015 at 21:03 Quote
The Sight for me is the perfect "do-it-all" bike. I honestly can't fault it. It's that good. For a 140mm travel bike, it certainly rides like a bike with more travel - if that makes sense. For me I find the weight spot on. Light enough to climb anything & won't feel sketchy on descents/loose stuff. I've ridden on most type of terrain - dusty, hardpack, rocky, roots etc - in all kinds of weather, & the bike has never let me down.

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 13:01 Quote
aussiedhpinner wrote:
The Sight for me is the perfect "do-it-all" bike. I honestly can't fault it. It's that good. For a 140mm travel bike, it certainly rides like a bike with more travel - if that makes sense. For me I find the weight spot on. Light enough to climb anything & won't feel sketchy on descents/loose stuff. I've ridden on most type of terrain - dusty, hardpack, rocky, roots etc - in all kinds of weather, & the bike has never let me down.

thats awesome, thanks

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 13:33 Quote
ctmtb98 wrote:
aussiedhpinner wrote:
mlr428 wrote:

how do you like the sight?
I love my carbon sight. It's so nimble and fun to ride. It begs to be pushed harder and faster. it's a great trail bike. I enjoy the sight more than the carbon range I denied and s-works enduro I used to have.

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 13:48 Quote
Hey guys have a question before I pull the trigger. Just found a 2015 aurum 7.3 for sale 3999 cdn. The store has a L and a M left but I can't find sizing charts on the website. What would you recommend for someone 6ft tall. Also is buying it for this price a good deal or do you think they will lower in price later in the year?

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 13:59 Quote
dmudry808 wrote:
Hey guys have a question before I pull the trigger. Just found a 2015 aurum 7.3 for sale 3999 cdn. The store has a L and a M left but I can't find sizing charts on the website. What would you recommend for someone 6ft tall. Also is buying it for this price a good deal or do you think they will lower in price later in the year?

I'd be curious to know which shop is blowing out a carbon aurum already, but either way, the price won't drop again I wouldn't think. They are getting pretty close to their cost. As for the sizing, I'd go large. But you won't know until you have a fair ride on either frame.

Posted: Aug 19, 2015 at 14:03 Quote
dmudry808 wrote:

I saw that price to at a store in whistler during crankworx! I was blown away. The 7.3 at that price is a no brainer. I ride a large at 6'-3" - I bet you'd prefer the large too.

Awesome bike BTW.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015857
Mobile Version of Website