Norco Aurum owners

PB Forum :: Downhill
Norco Aurum owners
Posted: Jul 25, 2020 at 23:48 Quote
Never heard or seen a broken one yet, its always worth having a close look at a second hand frame though unless you know the history of the bike

Posted: Jul 26, 2020 at 7:44 Quote
WillHaywoodMTB wrote:
i have burght a 2016 norco aurum c7.3 and have herd that is it common to snap the frame around the shock mounts and head tube is this true?
Never heard of or seen that

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 1:23 Quote
Hello there fellow Norco riders Smile
I have a question about Aurum 6.2 (2015) - can 27.5 fit there, like, normally? Or it's not even an option? I can install fork that supports both 26 and 27.5 wheels, but what'll be with rear one? Smile

Posted: Oct 9, 2020 at 22:32 Quote
Betrayer wrote:
Hello there fellow Norco riders Smile
I have a question about Aurum 6.2 (2015) - can 27.5 fit there, like, normally? Or it's not even an option? I can install fork that supports both 26 and 27.5 wheels, but what'll be with rear one? Smile

Hi, sorry, no the 6.2 is 26" only, you could run 27.5 fork in front, but not a 27.5 wheel on the back.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 11:13 Quote
Hello to all Norco Aurum riders - my first time posting here.

I recently bought a 2016 Norco Aurum C7.2 for Whistler this year and it was just amazing how stable it is at high speed and I really enjoyed my park days even more at the age of 56 years old. Instead of keeping it in the garage till next year when the bike park opens again, I was wondering if i could change the 7 speed cassette to a 10 or 11 speed cassette so I could at least pedal a little around the local trails. Can I use Shimano or I have to use SRAM cassette? Do I need to change the deraileur, chain and shifter as well? I am lost but thought it would be a great winter project to undertake. Any recommendation or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 13:32 Quote
enricsoh wrote:

I recently bought a 2016 Norco Aurum C7.2 for Whistler this year and it was just amazing how stable it is at high speed and I really enjoyed my park days even more at the age of 56 years old. Instead of keeping it in the garage till next year when the bike park opens again, I was wondering if i could change the 7 speed cassette to a 10 or 11 speed cassette so I could at least pedal a little around the local trails. Can I use Shimano or I have to use SRAM cassette? Do I need to change the deraileur, chain and shifter as well? I am lost but thought it would be a great winter project to undertake. Any recommendation or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Don't bother. They are full planted DH rigs, not meant for pedalling. They're designed for sending it down the steepest and gnarliest trails you can find and then taking the chairlift back to the top, keep it that way!

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 14:20 Quote
enricsoh wrote:

you can go 10spd for sure, i have ran it, maybe 11

Posted: Oct 22, 2020 at 18:05 Quote
enricsoh wrote:

Hello, you can do whatever you want. message me and i can walk you through this as i have done the same thing.

Brian

Posted: Nov 8, 2020 at 15:50 Quote
photo
the new/old build

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 5:47 Quote
Hey guys,

Recently bought a 2021 aurum a1 and an struggling with the brake hose and gear cables down near the bottom bracket. They pull tight under 70% compression and the remaining 20% will pull more cable through. Once the bike unloads over a jump or something it will push the excess cable into the chainring and spokes.

Has anyone come up with any solution? So far I have re-routed the rear brake hose to the outside of the chainstay, but can't work out a good path for the gear cable.

Cheers,
Mick

Posted: Dec 23, 2020 at 17:22 Quote
BIKEHUBAUS wrote:
Sam Sladek s 2018 Norco Aurum A1 Mullet Bike

That looks awesome!

Norco bikes started up in my hometown so it's cool to see you pimp that thing out

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 11:41 Quote
my new bike for the 2021 season Big Grin

Norco Aurum A7 2018 stock
Norco Aurum A7 2018 stock

Posted: Feb 24, 2021 at 13:05 Quote
thats a nice looking bike, hoping to get to ride mine a bit more this year all being well with the covid situation, only rode it 3 times last year

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 7:34 Quote
How much does weight a frame Aurum A1 2017 Large size 650B

Very confused Very confused Very confused

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020342
Mobile Version of Website