Official Pinkbike drifters thread

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Official Pinkbike drifters thread
Posted: Jul 14, 2014 at 23:44 Quote
I started in a 4ac ae86 and my first event was open diff, stock suspension, and thank god it rained. By the end of the day I was manjiying down the straight ways of the speed way then making it half way through the banks before the little rolla bogged down on power. But I learned so much. Learning in a shitty underpowered car is the way to do it. If you learn how to make a car that no hp slide then you'll be a better driver when you make the step up to another chassis IMO. That's why my friends Nate and Jason kick ass at driving.

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 0:17 Quote
bamfbmx wrote:
I started in a 4ac ae86 and my first event was open diff, stock suspension, and thank god it rained. By the end of the day I was manjiying down the straight ways of the speed way then making it half way through the banks before the little rolla bogged down on power. But I learned so much. Learning in a shitty underpowered car is the way to do it. If you learn how to make a car that no hp slide then you'll be a better driver when you make the step up to another chassis IMO. That's why my friends Nate and Jason kick ass at driving.

truth right here!!! My first car was a shitty fwd geo metro sedan... under powered as f*ck but quebec winters on back roads taught me some decent heel/toe and just general good sliding around fun.

When I finally bought a half decent rwd getting it sideways was defs easier cause of the foot work training I did in my total POS metro

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 8:41 Quote
Drift reunion is this weekend. Exciting.

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 10:28 Quote
All this talk of low power cars makes me miss my s13 more

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 10:59 Quote
Don't worry, a gtst isn't thaaaaat much better. Rb20's feel torque-less to me.

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 11:27 Quote
They are torqueless, my ka felt quicker off the line. Especially since it had a 4.3 2-way in it

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 12:29 Quote
Your skyline should have the same ratio? But rb has no torque because straight 6, 2 liter means the pistons are f*cking tiny.

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 16:43 Quote
I started with snow drifting in my $700 slolvo and amazingly enough, it gave me a lot of training in clutch kicking and use of the handbrake, and steering wheel control

Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 17:27 Quote
Formula drift this weekend. Yes.

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 20:52 Quote
I started in the 180sx with about 300whp, never was any good at it and felt uncomfortable. Now im in that 7000$ r32 with a rb25 and pretty much learning in that. Been too hot here so tires are burning quick, need some rain!!! Our track day is sunday but its a crappy oval track with rocks everywhere and really harsh pavement, it ll eat tires too! I am so jealous you guys can go to fd events for cheap, I want to make a bro trip and go to one. Tuerks drift bash looks like it would be phenomenal aswell!

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 20:54 Quote
kris-mk wrote:
They are torqueless, my ka felt quicker off the line. Especially since it had a 4.3 2-way in it

Only way to do that is bigger turbo and good flowing manifold. Nice car though looks clean!

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2014 at 22:42 Quote
Just finished welding in a sweet hydro into Logan's new missile car. He named the car "project #lolf*ck"

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 7:58 Quote
mstokman wrote:
Just finished welding in a sweet hydro into Logan's new missile car. He named the car "project #lolf*ck"

Haha this should be a good one.

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 8:17 Quote
Wes-Barber wrote:
mstokman wrote:

it's driving this weekend so come see for yourself

Posted: Jul 16, 2014 at 8:18 Quote
mstokman wrote:
Wes-Barber wrote:
mstokman wrote:

it's driving this weekend so come see for yourself

Sounds like Id have to do something...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012281
Mobile Version of Website