The Gripshift Debate

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
The Gripshift Debate
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 5:30 Quote
TheFlashMan wrote:
thanks to everyone for there input. i can see this is a subject still not settled with a lot of controversey. though it seems the people who tryed g,shifts tryed them a long time ago, when they didnt work well. howevever, hows this for a bomb shell.....as i was out rideing at my local dj,s last night. i came across a ritch racer type. with a bianchi racer. and as we had a long chat about the love of bikes. up came this subject. [which is very on my mind] and he let me have a go on his bike ..... lo and behold he had this shifter that was intergrated onto his actual brake lever. 2 buttons one up one down, right on his brake. wow what a great idea. truth be known i loved it so much im looking into how i can put such a system on mine. which left me thinking perhaps the manerfacters of our great sport should look into and start developing new and improved designs. because as i understand it nothing has changed since the first shimano. except our rideing which has developed way beyond our equipment for the most part. im still thinking theres a lot in this area that could be developed. so now id love to widen this thead to inclued any new or diffrent ways of changeing gears. then mayby our equipment will evolve, and cach up with this new style of rider thats pushing the bounderys like never before. thanks keep up the posts

i hate that integrated shifter/brake combo. it's a real pain in the ass if you wanna switch brakes, or upgrade shifters 'cause both gotta go. #@%$'n shimano forcing more stupid ideas on the spot.

Posted: Dec 21, 2007 at 2:41 Quote
^^^^^\

Absolutely Right ... Brake/shifter combos suit The CC or road bikers fine Cause thewy save on weight, but on a dh/fr rig you will shift when you don't want to cause you're riding over big bumps drop's etc. Plus you have to run cable brakes which are not nearly as good as hydro's ( you all know it )
as far as the gripo shifters ... If you like em...........
But I've found that they want to shift when I jump the bike cause of the way I go about the jump and my hand position on the Handlebar's.

Why Does it seem that So many people have to ASK about "what is the best " This or that here.

Maybe you should stop groping your keybored and go have some fun riding and you wouldn't have to ask "stupid" question's \\

( and yes for you grammar Nazi's, I do realize that it's keyboard not Key bored ( get the pun ) )

madness...

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 4:04 Quote
im thinking of going to grips because i know so many people swear by them, and tbh i want a change in bikes. Plus theyr cheaper, at the X.O end of things you can pick up a pair of gripshifts for about the price of one trigger shift, theyr also lighter than the triggers, and id imagine tougher.

Posted: Dec 31, 2007 at 4:50 Quote
I hate grip shifters... I have been seeing a brake/shifter all in one combo, which can be found on the higher end cannondales. I even thought that was whacked first you can shift like throttle on accident, now they have a shifter that you can go to shift and brake and fall on accident.. WTF.. haha. Its more in your wrist I suppose but its getting to complicated. Just ride them separate or ride single speed you will have more fun in the long run!!

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013136
Mobile Version of Website