The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 2:42 Quote
zonoskar wrote:
That's because of rule #26 of the Velominati, keepers of the cog: "Cranks never at 90 or 180 degrees."

Rule #26 also states - "putting the chain on the big dog" Eek

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 7:52 Quote
jlawie wrote:
zonoskar wrote:
That's because of rule #26 of the Velominati, keepers of the cog: "Cranks never at 90 or 180 degrees."

Rule #26 also states - "putting the chain on the big dog" Eek

Rule #26 was updated to #29, for these modern times Smile

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 6:39 Quote
Rule #26 ... ain´t dead!

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 6:53 Quote
I love Stanton's frames, but I can't stand their stickers on the bars/downtube/seat tube etc. Makes a beautiful frame look like a cheap POS.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 7:05 Quote
BSheldon wrote:
I love Stanton's frames, but I can't stand their stickers on the bars/downtube/seat tube etc. Makes a beautiful frame look like a cheap POS.

Yeh decals ruin that one for me. Get rid of the downtube decal and change the others from white to black and it would be perfect.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 7:15 Quote
Dav82 wrote:
BSheldon wrote:

Yeh decals ruin that one for me. Get rid of the downtube decal and change the others from white to black and it would be perfect.

Also...that a 160mm rotor upfront Eek

Do you even stop bro

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 7:29 Quote
jlawie wrote:
Dav82 wrote:
BSheldon wrote:

Do you even stop bro

One way to go quick....

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 7:33 Quote
That Stanton is a 2020 contender.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 7:56 Quote
jlawie wrote:

Do you even stop bro
Just squeeze a bit harder.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 10:01 Quote
JonDud wrote:

Only if the dropper and forks match.

Which they don’t..

So close..

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 10:26 Quote
threeofswords wrote:
JonDud wrote:

Only if the dropper and forks match.

Which they don’t..

So close..

Ah didn't see that...

Yeah also rim decals, frame decals, fork decals... Easy fixes, though!

Imagine, instead of decals on that steel frame, they leave the "stanton" logo un-finished raw steel and let rust create the brown lettering.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 11:56 Quote
JonDud wrote:
Imagine, instead of decals on that steel frame, they leave the "stanton" logo un-finished raw steel and let rust create the brown lettering.

Total gimmick..... But such a sick idea!!

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 12:02 Quote
I saw an episode of Wheeler Dealers where they used a grinder to fire red hot sparks at a stensil on a truck window, which embedded and rusted after time. I've always wondered if it would work on paint.

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 at 14:44 Quote
BSheldon wrote:

I’m a big Stanton fan but totally agree about the down tube decals...spoils a lot of their frames IMO, however just FYI the decals are custom with multiple options so the purchaser of this frame may well have spec’s that decal.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.027313
Mobile Version of Website