Powered by Outside

The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
The Sexiest AM/FR/Enduro Hardtail Thread (Please read the opening post)
Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 14:58 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
So it's really just the bent top tube, hahah.

I had a 2015 Chromag, last and only one I had, but it didn't feel brickish. Middle Child is an option too, maybe?
I could forgive the looks if everything else was dialed - Exhibit A, I own 2 Knolly's lol . But yes, I'm getting to the point that I don't want to spend money on a bike if I'm not stoked on it - life is too short to own ugly bikes. Bfe isn't super sexy, but it's got some inexplicable allure to it. Street cred or something.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 15:16 Quote
scotteh wrote:
So it's really just the bent top tube, hahah.

I had a 2015 Chromag, last and only one I had, but it didn't feel brickish. Middle Child is an option too, maybe?
I could forgive the looks if everything else was dialed - Exhibit A, I own 2 Knolly's lol . But yes, I'm getting to the point that I don't want to spend money on a bike if I'm not stoked on it - life is too short to own ugly bikes. Bfe isn't super sexy, but it's got some inexplicable allure to it. Street cred or something.

I had a crush on Cotic for a while, I get it.

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 15:40 Quote
Which begs the question...why faff around with a Bfe when a BTR Ranger has the exact geo I want and is arguably the sexiest HT of all time...

photo

photo

Oh right...don't want to pony up >$3k for a hardtail frame lol

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 16:56 Quote
scotteh wrote:
Which begs the question...why faff around with a Bfe when a BTR Ranger has the exact geo I want and is arguably the sexiest HT of all time...

photo

photo

Oh right...don't want to pony up >$3k for a hardtail frame lol

If you’re thinking the Cotic it would be great. If you’re over 6’ I would probably not go medium. I’m 6’ and tried that a bit ago with that hot pink marino at a 450 reach. Bit of a knee knocker if you catch my drift. I will say it was a hoot and a half pointed down and in attack position but super tight on the way up. Adjust to it? Sure I feel like you can adjust to anything but the cramps weren’t only a bad band…

Speaking of Marino…. Theres always get exactly what you want for a fraction of the price.

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 19:03 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
If you’re thinking the Cotic it would be great. If you’re over 6’ I would probably not go medium. I’m 6’ and tried that a bit ago with that hot pink marino at a 450 reach. Bit of a knee knocker if you catch my drift. I will say it was a hoot and a half pointed down and in attack position but super tight on the way up. Adjust to it? Sure I feel like you can adjust to anything but the cramps weren’t only a bad band…

Speaking of Marino…. Theres always get exactly what you want for a fraction of the price.
Thanks for the feedback, food for thought! Going to sleep on it for a few days before I pull the trigger on anything.

Hot pink / hot damn, I missed that thing, pretty wild looking! I conceptually want something like that for hooning, but realistically will be doing a decent amount of typical trail riding on it.

photo

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 19:53 Quote
It was a hoot! Ridiculous slack. The new one is a choice trail bike. Pepto pink lol

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 20:16 Quote
scotteh wrote:
scotteh wrote:
Anyone here have experience with the 27.5 Bfe?

I'm considering a Bfe but can't decide which size I would get - what does the hive mind say??
Ok enough about the KKK, what do you guys say lol

Folks across the pond are crazy, buy Canadian, hahahah

Honestly what's the argument for this vs a stylus (which is onsale)?

I don't have personal experience with either but I'd go with a Cotic personally. Stylus' has very tall BB in comparison. Cotics have a better reputation for ride quality and from what I have seen their other frames have better build quality and are lighter than chromag.

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 8:07 Quote
johnd2 wrote:
Turner Scrub Ti

photo

Pretty sweet, only gripe is the internal cable routing and that it exits under the BB

O+
Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 9:45 Quote
I was looking at my kid's friend's bike the other day, this little commencal and it had awesome formed tubes to run the cables down. I'm converted back to external love if they are managed right. I hate sharp brazeons etc. as I've had the connect with my hands too many times. Cable tabs are nice and tidy too.

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 16:11 Quote
sterlingmagnum wrote:
It was a hoot! Ridiculous slack. The new one is a choice trail bike. Pepto pink lol
The new one is a looker too!

Decided to pull the trigger on the Cotic. Going to initially run it as a mullet with 120 travel, which will be roughly equivalent to the 160 27.5 geo (static = 460 reach / 62.5 head angle, 25% sag = 473 / 64). Compared to the Honzo it will be slacker and shorter reach (without the wheelbase getting too long), plus the little back wheel should liven things up. Stoked, should be a hoot! Hopefully the slack STA will be liveable cause it will be like 72* static lol.

Eventually want to transition to a 140 travel dual 27.5, but that will probably be a ways down the road. Plus, if I get a 27.5 fork / front wheel, I will basically have enough parts to keep the Honzo built up SS, could be kind of fun!

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 17:26 Quote
scotteh wrote:
sterlingmagnum wrote:
The new one is a looker too!

Decided to pull the trigger on the Cotic. Going to initially run it as a mullet with 120 travel, which will be roughly equivalent to the 160 27.5 geo (static = 460 reach / 62.5 head angle, 25% sag = 473 / 64). Compared to the Honzo it will be slacker and shorter reach (without the wheelbase getting too long), plus the little back wheel should liven things up. Stoked, should be a hoot! Hopefully the slack STA will be liveable cause it will be like 72* static lol.

Why not?!?! Nice cant wait ti see your contraption!
Eventually want to transition to a 140 travel dual 27.5, but that will probably be a ways down the road. Plus, if I get a 27.5 fork / front wheel, I will basically have enough parts to keep the Honzo built up SS, could be kind of fun!

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 18:17 Quote
That Turner ! Nice lines !

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 18:33 Quote
scotteh wrote:
scotteh wrote:
Anyone here have experience with the 27.5 Bfe?

I'm considering a Bfe but can't decide which size I would get - what does the hive mind say??
Ok enough about the KKK, what do you guys say lol
The pointy white hood " Capirote" is associated with Christianity as well as the KKK , Capirote originated in Europe ... Go figure.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.031662
Mobile Version of Website