Should I trade...

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Should I trade...
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 14:45 Quote
Whats up guys, I was browsing craigslist and saw an add for a kid who wants to trade a BMX bike for a longboard. It is an almost completely stock 2010 Eastern Growler that is in fairly good shape. The longboard I have is a brand new Loaded Dervish deck that has not been ridden once, with Abec 11 reflex Big Zigs, Bones Reds, Paris 180 trucks, shock pads and bearing spacers, all of which are like 2 weeks old. It was $270 dollars new. Basically I want to know what you think is a fair way to work this out as I don't really know what the bike is worth. Thanks in advance

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 15:06 Quote
Probably not the best If your board is brand new and the bike is already 2 seasons old... I've herd Easterns are bad for broken parts ect

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 16:17 Quote
A wise man once said, "Haters shall hate, Easterns shall break"

I am not normally one to judge a brand before I have actually tried it out but you have to look at their reputation, there are entire threads dedicated to broken easterns Razz must tell you something. My advice? save up for a nice Wethepeople or Macneil frame, build it up. Lots of other options out there too, those are just some of my favs Smile good luck

Posted: Mar 25, 2012 at 16:31 Quote
Thanks for the advice, does not look like I will be following through with this deal

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 6:44 Quote
True about the board being in better condition and non-used where as the eastern's older, however think are you gonna use the board? if not then swap

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 6:45 Quote
QCIrider77 wrote:

I am not normally one to judge a brand before I have actually tried it out but you have to look at their reputation, there are entire threads dedicated to broken easterns Razz must tell you something. My advice? save up for a nice Wethepeople or Macneil frame, build it up. Lots of other options out there too, those are just some of my favs Smile good luck

I ride an Eastern now it's a sweet bike, no problems with it. used to ride WTP too. i'd chose the eastern anyday

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 8:24 Quote
Ride-Eastern1 wrote:
QCIrider77 wrote:

I ride an Eastern now it's a sweet bike, no problems with it. used to ride WTP too. i'd chose the eastern anyday

Fair enough I guess, like I said, I haven't ridden one before. but I heard that the frames snap pretty easily and I am REALLY hard on bikes.

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 8:53 Quote
id keep the longboard, its almost as fun as biking and that bikes gonna snap easy.

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 12:09 Quote
QCIrider77 wrote:
Ride-Eastern1 wrote:
QCIrider77 wrote:

Fair enough I guess, like I said, I haven't ridden one before. but I heard that the frames snap pretty easily and I am REALLY hard on bikes.

Yeah it's mainly the low end completes if they do, but any bike will snap if you ride it hard enough man

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 14:25 Quote
Ride-Eastern1 wrote:
QCIrider77 wrote:
Ride-Eastern1 wrote:

Yeah it's mainly the low end completes if they do, but any bike will snap if you ride it hard enough man

True, very true

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 17:16 Quote
u can buy my bike its not an eastern and only has oddesy coloney primo wtp and shadow conspercy parts

Posted: Mar 27, 2012 at 17:17 Quote
if ur looking for a bike then im ur guy but as they said^^ keep the long board

Posted: Mar 30, 2012 at 19:32 Quote
Thanks for all the input guys, and how much are you asking for your bike man?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010939
Mobile Version of Website