Rounded brake pad bolt ! help

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Rounded brake pad bolt ! help
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 28, 2012 at 11:49 Quote
Hey guys just came to put my new pads in and the bolt to let the pads come out is rounded i don't have a spare bolt and i have no money to buy other pads which include the bolt so i need to try and save this rounded bolt to then re use it after putting my new superstar pads in any ideas anyone ?? i have tried all sized allen keys and tried hex keys but no look

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 at 11:56 Quote
Have you got torx keys ? if you have just select one the is slitghtly bigger then the rounded hole , tap it in with a light hammer once its a few mm in you will be able to undo it.
Or Get a thin hack saw blade , or a dremmel , and cut a grove thru the middle of the rounded bolt so you can get a flat blade screwdriver in.

Posted: Mar 28, 2012 at 11:57 Quote
bigburd wrote:
Have you got torx keys ? if you have just select one the is slitghtly bigger then the rounded hole , tap it in with a light hammer once its a few mm in you will be able to undo it.
Or Get a thin hack saw blade , or a dremmel , and cut a grove thru the middle of the rounded bolt so you can get a flat blade screwdriver in.
yer i did try the first one with the torx but ill do the saw one

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007301
Mobile Version of Website