Powered by Outside

SLX rear mech problems- HELP!

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
SLX rear mech problems- HELP!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 31, 2012 at 8:56 Quote
good day guys

I have a little problem with my SLX rear mech which drives me nuts now- it has been 2 days now and I tried everything...

It's been set up following Shimano's instructions- limit screws are fine, B limiter is fine... We are talking about 9sp system here:
New cables
New outers
New cassette
New freehub
New shifters (SLX)
New 9sp chain
Hanger straight
Barrel adjusted
Front mech 9sp compatible

And it sill doesn't shift properly- it needs 2 clicks on couple of low gears (3rd and 4th most of the time)...

It also doesn't shift through all the range- only goes through 7 speeds (1-7 or 3-9)

When the mech was sold to me it was taken off another bike (used but not abused)- do you think it might be a problem with a mech?

Maybe I should just return it?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Posted: Mar 31, 2012 at 10:17 Quote
Could well be a problem with the mech, return it an get a new one. Mechs are something is never buy used as one hit on a rock can nacker them

Posted: Mar 31, 2012 at 15:13 Quote
Are you using it with a Shimano 9 speed? It must be 9 speed and it must be shimano.

Posted: Apr 5, 2012 at 15:06 Quote
I had the same problem with a new mech , they sold me a 10 speed instead of a 9, drove me mad trying to set it up, sounds as though you might have the same problem

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 at 10:13 Quote
got it returned no probs and fitted old deore and guess what- it is all back to normal...

so it was a mech issue after all- thsnks for all comms guys! getting a new mech soon again...

Posted: Apr 7, 2012 at 10:14 Quote
carpy95 wrote:
Are you using it with a Shimano 9 speed? It must be 9 speed and it must be shimano.

as above- all shimano, all 9 speed set up, all brand new... but all sorted now... cheers tho!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010287
Mobile Version of Website