Describe "that feeling"

PB Forum :: Freeride & Slopestyle
Describe "that feeling"
Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 13:06 Quote
samnation wrote:
unicorn-bob wrote:
Omg there is so much passion put into these responses. There is some deep things being said, and it's so true.

of course its passionate thats why its so damn hard for any guy to describe

haha lol Big Grin

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 13:13 Quote
the best feelin is being with ur mates and u r just ridin faster, hittin better lines and just generally being better than them!!!!

Posted: Oct 2, 2007 at 13:25 Quote
epoit wrote:
i usually experience that great feeling rippin a downhill/freeride trail. That feeling is called flow. The flow is a state of mind you are in when experienceing leisure at its true potential. It occurs usually when your skills meet the challenge at hand. You loose self conscinceness in other words you become one with the trail. This somewhat complex theory was developed for leisure in general by a man named Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi (dont ask how to pernounce). (How the hell do I know this, I happen to be studying recreation and leisure in university right now). I find that the this theory applies perfect to biking. When I am challenged enought that I am not bored but not overwhelmed, you have to find the right trail to push your limits, but not demolish them. I have even read of Brian Lopes talking about this flow.
Csíkszentmihályi Mihály, CHI-K-SENT-MIH-AI-I MIH-AI (I know, I suck at writing phonetically; pronounce the CHI part as if you were saying part of "cheese"). Now you're probably wondering why I know how to pronounce this. It's because he's from Hungary too. Wink

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 15:57 Quote
guys, don't rip off my answer!! come up with your ownMadder , but i guess after a while we will all end up saying a euphoric state of happiness and adrenaline, rider trail and bike all one.

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 18:24 Quote
its almost like an oh shit im doin this and no-ones gonna stop me. i get it when im gonna do usu like a drop or i nail a really flowing part of a trail. its like only you your bike and your obstacle. your all dialed in. its probably the adrenaline but you feel invincible. even if you crash, its like my body was moving that fast that high up, it was awesome!!

Posted: Oct 3, 2007 at 21:20 Quote
Rippin an unknown trail, Clearing the massive gap, Riding a 40ft wheelie for a bunch of kids, Looking back at your buddy thinking "Oh Shit!" just before a Drop or Jump, Then telling him after that you knew you were gonna dial it. These are all awesome feelings you experince when riding...But I ride because when I'm riding I feel one with my bike and like I can do anything...and nothing else matters....

Posted: Oct 4, 2007 at 5:27 Quote
For me its getting air. Not just any old air. When you have been riding for 8 solid hours and your muscles are burning hell and you just want to stop and get some weight off your back. Then you jump. Theres that second where you are totally weightless, and you feel like all your little worries and problems have just been shedded off. They are down there, on the ground, far below the airborne bike and you. Then theres the jolt of landing which brings me back to reality. And I dont even have the time to think about it before Im flying up the next takeoff into the sky again.

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 17:58 Quote
well, alasdair you have plenty of time when you fall of in between!!!! hahahahahahahahaahahhahaha yes, im a d1ck!

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 18:08 Quote
when your staring at this huge jump and are scared sh1tless but go for it. when your in the air and you realize your gonna land it perfectly, and when you do land it its the best feeling in the world

Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 18:12 Quote
norco61 wrote:
when your staring at this huge jump and are scared sh1tless but go for it. when your in the air and you realize your gonna land it perfectly, and when you do land it its the best feeling in the world

Exactly

Steve

O+
Posted: Oct 10, 2007 at 18:20 Quote
gaining on a car while manuaeling, i love that. and when your standing infront of a huge jump or something thinking "$h*t why couldn't i have gotten into tennis or golf or anything safer than this" when you are at the tranny going "mother hucker, mother hucker oh god please don't kill me, mother hucker!" and you land it fine, nothing beats that feeling, i love it.

O+
Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 20:47 Quote
me and my friend had this convo a few mins ago(he may seem weird but hes wicked funny)

me: its just i wanna get out in my car with my bike ro sumthin ont he back
me: and the stereo way up loud
me: and go bikin with sum1
friend: dude i know the feeling
me: down a mountain
me: doin insane stuff cuz i wanna say f*ck it all
me: i wanna get out there
friend: lol
me: ont he endge
friend: yea
friend: you go balls out
me: then jump
friend: makes you feel good
me: and land back wheel to front
me: f*ck yeah
me: lol
friend: makes you bust in your panties
friend: makes you want to go deeper
me: diff kinda bust
friend: harder faster
friend: till BAM
me: like a mental bust
me: only it never comes until you stop and look back up the mountain and whisper to yourself
me: f*ck yeah
friend: YOU JUST f*ckING SKEET AND WHILE YOU A RE MOANING YOU FALL OFF YOUR BIKE AND ROLL DOWN THE MOUNTIAN
me: yeah
me: im gonna copy this convo onto pinkbike
friend: lol
me: cuz theres a forum for "decribe that feeling"

Posted: Oct 19, 2007 at 20:51 Quote
when you sesh some huge jump or a sick trick that a month ago you never thought you'd do. also, when you're terrified to do something and then you overcome your fear and do it and your shaking from it.

Posted: Dec 25, 2007 at 11:51 Quote
id say the adrenaline just running through your body with the skaking legs and hands, the dry mouth, the hard wallows and heartbeats in your throat. then you do it, you hold your breath, you land, then you let out the biggest breath ever and you are both totally relieved and relaxed, then your totally stoked that you just threw down Smile

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.016796
Mobile Version of Website