Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 8:21 Quote
rainan wrote:
32 chainring, 11-42 XT cassette (Wolfotooth modified). Wink

Nice. Is that a medium cage rear mech or a short? Modified in what way? Plenty of questions, I'm thinking of doing this to my Mega.

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 8:28 Quote
dglobulator wrote:
rainan wrote:

Nice. Is that a medium cage rear mech or a short? Modified in what way? Plenty of questions, I'm thinking of doing this to my Mega.
I would like to give it ago but my Saint will only go up to 36 tooth at a push Cry

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 8:37 Quote
dglobulator wrote:
rainan wrote:

I'm running 10 speed 11 36 on a 32 ring and can't see why you would need an easier gear than that.
But a 9 tooth would be nice as I find myself spinning a bit to much. does any one no if hope ever released their free hub/cassette 9 36

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 8:38 Quote
max14221 wrote:
dglobulator wrote:
rainan wrote:

I would like to give it ago but my Saint will only go up to 36 tooth at a push Cry
hope 40t works with saint rear mech

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 9:01 Quote
dglobulator wrote:
rainan wrote:

Thanks Wink
No, it's a medium cage Sram X9 and it works ok by only few millimeters! On the Mega's rear end the chain grows a lot while it compresses which has to be added to the cage's movement needed to cover 31teeth from11 to 42.
Considering the chain growt a 40t cog is a better opinion but it could be a too high gear on some occasion.
The cassette is a satndard shimano XT 11-36 10speed with the 17t removed and the 42 added; you have different options (Wolftooth, Oneup, Hope, Leonardi, Zeta.bike); I went for Wolftooth because of its availability, well made and chain-shift profile that seems better than in Oneup.
The chain shift flawless and smooth but I have to wait another week to finish assembling back my Mega and test it on the trail.
Cheers Wink

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 9:26 Quote
rydelean wrote:
dglobulator wrote:
rainan wrote:

I'm running 10 speed 11 36 on a 32 ring and can't see why you would need an easier gear than that.
But a 9 tooth would be nice as I find myself spinning a bit to much. does any one no if hope ever released their free hub/cassette 9 36

If a 9-36 isn't available your problem could maybe be sorted by having the 42 at the back and going bigger at the front. If you then went 38 at the front you'd have a similar first gear to now, but gain all the extra for the downs.

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 9:26 Quote
Hey, think i read on here about 2 months ago about yous doing some diy trick to your monarchs to make them a little more "poppy" i think it included elastic bands?

cheers

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 10:45 Quote
Oldmandan has the info you require , he'll probably post later

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 10:51 Quote
jamescarinduff wrote:
Hey, think i read on here about 2 months ago about yous doing some diy trick to your monarchs to make them a little more "poppy" i think it included elastic bands?

cheers
I put an rp23 with the large air volume spacer in and it's like a new bike

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 10:51 Quote
dglobulator wrote:
rydelean wrote:
dglobulator wrote:

If a 9-36 isn't available your problem could maybe be sorted by having the 42 at the back and going bigger at the front. If you then went 38 at the front you'd have a similar first gear to now, but gain all the extra for the downs.

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 11:06 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
AndreasDH wrote:
markmcie wrote:

Tune the monarch can yourself for a better ride.....

Just a piece of inner tube and a 5 min job it is loads plusher!

It is on this thread a good few pages back, did it myself and it is great.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=132033&pagenum=118

wow did this last night and the shock feels so much better. More lively and responsive. Plusher too. Looking forward to getting out on the trails now. thanks for the tip Beer Beer Beer

If there was a video of do it yourself about the "tuning" of monarch woulb be brilliant because i would like also do it but i am amateur on stuf like this!

Just look on page 148 on this thread, I put up some simple instructions.........

It only needs 1 tool, the Allen key to unbolt the shock and some clean old tube and some grease....

It's a lot easier than you think....[/Quote]

There you go, page 148 on this thread.

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 11:19 Quote
oldmanDan wrote:
Just do this.....
Release the Air.
Unbolt the stanchion end of the shock.
With your fingers, remove the rubber ring on the can closest to the stanchion.
Pull the can sleeve off in the direction of the stanchion and remove.

Cut a piece of old inner tube about 1.5"long.
Slide over the stanchion and onto the can in the centre of the two visible rubber rings. Be careful not to cover the small hole at the adjuster end.

Regrease the rings, slide the can sleeve back on and replace the ring at the end of the can.
Pump it up and hey presto!
It will need less pressure to get the sag right, will feel more responsive, and will have a more progressive feel. It will bottom out less, and the rebound will be less sluggish.

More plush, more pop, just overall a better feel.
You can put more or less tube in to get it right for you.
Some put 2 layers, some only one, and some only a small piece but this is down to how you like it.

Hope this makes it easy

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 12:13 Quote
emuted wrote:
Hey guys,

Just wanna get some opinions on the Nukeproof Generator wheels.

Noticed some are using it while some opted to go for the brands like stans or easton.

Anyone knows how heavy or light the generators are compared to the rest of the popular names?
I've been eyeing a set of eThirteen TRS+ wheelset for some time now. Claimed weight of 1.6kg+, 60 engagement points... looks drop dead gorgeous..

any views?

i swaped my nukeproof wheels for easton havens and i would say best thing i did with bike feels loads better

Thanks!

O+
Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 12:18 Quote
What I meant is, what size is the through axle on a 2011 scalp?

Posted: Apr 1, 2014 at 12:46 Quote
Conanangus wrote:
What I meant is, what size is the through axle on a 2011 scalp?

Come on now, it's not that hard! Do you have a ruler?
There are two standard sizes for the front axle, 15 and 20mm thru axle.

For the rear, the standard is 12mm thru axle in either 135, 142 or 150mm length.

There is your day's lesson.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011801
Mobile Version of Website