Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 7:23 Quote
Would anyone swap an AM for aTR and vice versa?

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 8:11 Quote
Im just reporting back, had my mega for about a month now and it absolutely f*cking kills! Its a beast! I love it to peices! Been out every weekend and every other weekday! Shes a beauty! Nukeproof have successfully made the best "bang for your buck bike" imo!

i have a monarch in it atm, and its pretty good for decents and class for up hills but it doesn't just feel perfect on DH, so im looking to get a cheap coil shock for my uplift days, £250 max any suggestions?

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 9:03 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
I would

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 9:29 Quote
jamescarinduff wrote:
Im just reporting back, had my mega for about a month now and it absolutely f*cking kills! Its a beast! I love it to peices! Been out every weekend and every other weekday! Shes a beauty! Nukeproof have successfully made the best "bang for your buck bike" imo!

i have a monarch in it atm, and its pretty good for decents and class for up hills but it doesn't just feel perfect on DH, so im looking to get a cheap coil shock for my uplift days, £250 max any suggestions?
I put a fox dhx5:0 rc on for antur stiniog and it was pretty good,better than I expected to be honest

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 9:35 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
I don't understand why people buy the TR then try and make it an AM,ironically according to the "expert" reviews the AM is the better bike for all day riding and trail riding,don't really see the need for the TR to be honest,can't be much difference in weight.Somebody please enlighten me as to why you would buy the TR over the AM,not being funny or anything just curious.

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 at 9:45 Quote
Hixee wrote:
dglobulator wrote:
Hixee wrote:
Got a 2013 mega Tr and want a burlier fork. Was thinking of some 160mm pikes. Has anyone done this?
160 tapered steerer Lyriks on my TR. Its only on the very steep climbs that it 'wanders' a little, otherwise it's spot on!

Spot on! do you have a picture, I want to see how 'raked out' it will look. I looked on your profile but couldnt see any.

Cheers

It's quite new so no pictures on there yet. I'll try get one on soon buddy.

Posted: Apr 19, 2014 at 14:37 Quote
jase111171 wrote:

everytime i hit a long steep climb i would swap my am for a tr, but id want it back at the top lol

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 5:59 Quote
Just thought I'd post a pic of my new Mega Drool

Took it to Llandegla for the day but within 2 minutes my pedal fell off (Saint crank arm bolt missing) so went home in a sulk, of course Cry

Nicked one from my other bike and managed a blast down Conwy mountain and my god it was fun! Lovely bike to ride.
Can't wait to get a full day out on here now though...

Nukeproof Mega

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 10:50 Quote
Few Easter updates before MegAvalanche in July.
Ready
  Ready

RockGuardz
  RockGuardz

M820
  M820

NP Carbon
  NP Carbon

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 10:56 Quote
That's a pretty full on build you have there! Good choice fitting the downtube guard as well, I made the mistake of not running one in France and paid the price. The Mega was it's intended use too, so should be a solid tool for the job.

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 10:59 Quote
EuanBisset145 wrote:
That's a pretty full on build you have there! Good choice fitting the downtube guard as well, I made the mistake of not running one in France and paid the price. The Mega was it's intended use too, so should be a solid tool for the job.

Have raced the Mega for the past 5 years but always on an Intense so I'm hoping that the Nukeproof will be a rapid replacement.

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 12:37 Quote
gpaevo wrote:
EuanBisset145 wrote:

Have raced the Mega for the past 5 years but always on an Intense so I'm hoping that the Nukeproof will be a rapid replacement.
how's the rockguardz fit?i got one for mine before Xmas,it was a poor fit and gouged the frame when I put it on,cost me £4 to return it and not an apologie or anything,wonder if they've redone them since then,could do with one to be honest

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 14:19 Quote
Hi all I'm running a 36T works narrow wide front ring . With zee plus 11-36 mech looking at buying the Hope T-Rex Expander Sprocket 40T will this setup work ok on the mega AM ?

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 14:23 Quote
superbikes wrote:
Hi all I'm running a 36T works narrow wide front ring . With zee plus 11-36 mech looking at buying the Hope T-Rex Expander Sprocket 40T will this setup work ok on the mega AM ?
ps I ALLSO have a new chain ready to go on will 114 links be enough ?

Posted: Apr 20, 2014 at 15:45 Quote
superbikes wrote:

36t up front with a 40t rear may be a little to much for the Zee, you may need a medium cage mech. Worth a try though.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017463
Mobile Version of Website