Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 10:37 Quote
jase111171 wrote:
Just send the shock back to sram,whoever you bought the bike/frame from will do this,all work will be carried out for free under warranty,don't pay out your own pocket.i got a brand new shock no questions asked
yes I agree and was not saying go pay out your own pocket . I did this becouse I have a weekend rideing planed and paid for otherwise I would have sent back to CRC

Posted: Sep 2, 2014 at 10:51 Quote
dglobulator wrote:
jase111171 wrote:
Just send the shock back to sram,whoever you bought the bike/frame from will do this,all work will be carried out for free under warranty,don't pay out your own pocket.i got a brand new shock no questions asked

Sounds good. How long had you had the shock before you sent it back? Was it from Chainreaction?
bought the frame from Off Camber bikes,they contacted Fisher Outdoors,who dealt with it,had the monarch plus about 3 months,then it went back again after 1 ride when they'd 'fixed' it,so they just replaced it with a new all black 2015 model

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 0:33 Quote
Does a cane creek double barrel air cs xv can fit on a 2013 mega AM?

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 0:41 Quote
superbikes wrote:
dglobulator wrote:
superbikes wrote:
just had another phone call from TF confirming the knocking sound and he's said you can still hear it up close to your ear but it's nothing to worry about it does not effect how the shock feels/works . So fingers crossed it won't be sound high lighted when fitted back on the frame . I'll report back 2moz

Just checked your clips of the problem and mine is exactly the same so yeah, let me know!
I've allso sent a warranty claim for cost to CRC Reimbursement would be nice but we shall see .worth ago as at the end of the day the shock is proved failty )

Crc probably won't give you a refund now, you need to send it to them first to do the work, had the same thing with my reverb .

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 4:23 Quote
dglobulator wrote:
superbikes wrote:
dglobulator wrote:

Coincidence that, I've spoken to TF this morning about mine knocking on the TR and they've said send it down. Of course that's gonna be almost £100 of my money (as you'll already know) so I've e-mailed the Chain to see what they think. Currently not using it as it's that bad, I've got my DHX4 coil on which is tonnes better anyway, just heavy. Let us know if they eliminate the knocking won't you?
just had another phone call from TF confirming the knocking sound and he's said you can still hear it up close to your ear but it's nothing to worry about it does not effect how the shock feels/works . So fingers crossed it won't be sound high lighted when fitted back on the frame . I'll report back 2moz

Just checked your clips of the problem and mine is exactly the same so yeah, let me know!
just got shock back happy to report the knocking has gone . Shock feels way way way better now )

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 4:44 Quote
You cant beat Tf my Db Air is going next week Big Grin

Posted: Sep 3, 2014 at 5:21 Quote
Yeah, they Push tuned my Float CTD BV and the difference was like night and day!

Gonna send my Lyriks off to them soon.

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 5:20 Quote
You can not win with this Damm monarch shock on the TR had it serviced no more knocking feels great but it tops out in lockout mode . I could contact TF as they just serviced it but really can not be arssed with it so I'm going to run upgrade ASAP . Keep the monarch as a winter mud shock

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 6:30 Quote
superbikes wrote:
You can not win with this Damm monarch shock on the TR had it serviced no more knocking feels great but it tops out in lockout mode . I could contact TF as they just serviced it but really can not be arssed with it so I'm going to run upgrade ASAP . Keep the monarch as a winter mud shock
Lol its a shit shock Tf wouldn't touch my monarch off my 2012 .

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 8:05 Quote
DBinline or whatever you replace the Monarch with will work just as well in the winter / mud Smile

I don't change any bike parts for winter.

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 8:19 Quote
citizenlee wrote:
DBinline or whatever you replace the Monarch with will work just as well in the winter / mud Smile

I know that matey I mean use it for winter as it's a crap shock and save wear and tear on the new one

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 8:26 Quote
superbikes wrote:
citizenlee wrote:

I know that matey I mean use it for winter as it's a crap shock and save wear and tear on the new one

A decent shock will be able to handle the extra mud in winter so you're better off still using the better shock IMO. I also never change anything for winter as I don't see the point, decent parts will have no problems dealing with winter. You especially don't want to use worse parts as they might be more likely to fail and the middle of winter is the last time you want to get stuck up a mountain.

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 8:32 Quote
peter413 wrote:
superbikes wrote:
citizenlee wrote:

A decent shock will be able to handle the extra mud in winter so you're better off still using the better shock IMO. I also never change anything for winter as I don't see the point, decent parts will have no problems dealing with winter. You especially don't want to use worse parts as they might be more likely to fail and the middle of winter is the last time you want to get stuck up a mountain.
maybe I didn't explain myself correctly .. I don't change parts for winter eather it's just the monarch has been serviced but still crap so when I upgrade I'll just pop the monarch on for the bad muddy rides in winter .may aswell get some use from it once it's dead it's dead . That's what I mean I've not got cash to be changeing parts just for winter just going to kill the monarch lol

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 8:44 Quote
I understand where you’re coming from, but I’d still just fit the new one and only use that. Wear and tear will be minimal, and no more so than on your forks for example.

I’d probably sell the Monarch too to be honest. Could always save the cash for post winter tune on the DB.

Just a suggestion though bud Wink

Posted: Sep 4, 2014 at 9:05 Quote
citizenlee wrote:
I understand where you’re coming from, but I’d still just fit the new one and only use that. Wear and tear will be minimal, and no more so than on your forks for example.

I’d probably sell the Monarch too to be honest. Could always save the cash for post winter tune on the DB.

Just a suggestion though bud Wink
yeah that's makes more sense than killing the monarch so yep get more out of it selling .cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.016690
Mobile Version of Website