Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2017 at 18:55 Quote
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
is a medium 16.5 scalp good for a 5'7 dwarf?

I've got a medium and at 5'8 it fits great. I don't think you'll have any problems with a medium

Posted: Feb 21, 2017 at 0:15 Quote
Cool vids and riding spots Luis! Smile

Posted: Feb 22, 2017 at 17:28 Quote
stuffy1122 wrote:
MetalheadWolfRider wrote:
is a medium 16.5 scalp good for a 5'7 dwarf?

I've got a medium and at 5'8 it fits great. I don't think you'll have any problems with a medium

I had a med scalp, im 5'10, loved the fit

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 8:18 Quote
I bought a mega 290 comp last summer best performing bike I've ever owned .The sram roam 30 wheel developed play in the rear hub after 3 rides but i was already going to upgrade them to hope.
Then I too had the creaking
Hotlines admitted the wrong loctite was used
You will need to drill out all 4 rocker bolts which I did and they sent me the bearings and pivot kit foc and I used grease not loctite problem sorted
2 weeks later the now 6 week old bike chain stay bolts came loose .close inspection the threads were not fully tapped and threaded meaning what little thread was in there was now ripped out .
I've since had my money back and I'm genuinely gutted as it rode awesome but the build quality is herendous and that was all dry summer riding. Good luck in the winter .

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 10:30 Quote
Gutted for ya mate, hate shit like that!

Posted: Feb 23, 2017 at 11:09 Quote
brigand wrote:
Cool vids and riding spots Luis! Smile

Thanks! Big Grin

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 at 23:10 Quote
Cool vids luis.

Finally fixing my mega, brakes and gears are shot.

I'll get some photos of upgraded beast.

Posted: Feb 28, 2017 at 10:08 Quote
Mines in bits at the moment too.
Swapping forks and going 1x10 with wide range cassette and trying (again.....) to set my wheels up tubeless.

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 0:16 Quote
Knott4me wrote:
I bought a mega 290 comp last summer best performing bike I've ever owned .The sram roam 30 wheel developed play in the rear hub after 3 rides but i was already going to upgrade them to hope.
You will need to drill out all 4 rocker bolts which I did and they sent me the bearings and pivot kit foc and I used grease not loctite problem sorted
2 weeks later the now 6 week old bike chain stay bolts came loose .close inspection the threads were not fully tapped and threaded meaning what little thread was in there was now ripped out .
I've since had my money back and I'm genuinely gutted as it rode awesome but the build quality is herendous and that was all dry summer riding. Good luck in the winter .

I was able to get the bolts out with a LOT of force. CRC sent me the new bolt kit plus a new set of bearings too. I agree though, best bike I've had (feel more confident on it than my Legend) but the build quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Posted: Mar 1, 2017 at 2:31 Quote
triacontakaidigon wrote:
Knott4me wrote:

I was able to get the bolts out with a LOT of force. CRC sent me the new bolt kit plus a new set of bearings too. I agree though, best bike I've had (feel more confident on it than my Legend) but the build quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Any idea how many this has happened to? Both of our demo mega's are okay as well as every new style mega we've sold?

O+
Posted: Mar 2, 2017 at 21:57 Quote
triacontakaidigon wrote:
Knott4me wrote:

I am really sorry to hear about your issues. I have had my 2016 Mega 290 Pro for almost 5 months and everything is perfect. Build quality is on par with my previous bike (2015 Bronson).

Posted: Mar 3, 2017 at 10:33 Quote
Upgrades:

Before, minus the dead chain:

photo

Old Cockpit:

photo

Old Crank:

photo

New Stuff, XT M8000 cassette, rear mech, rear shifter, crank and brakes.

photo
photo
photo
photo

Cassette is huge, look next to 34T chainring:
photo

Not tried any of it yet. Got extremely bored fitting it all. Old pedals and bottom bracket were virtually seized so took ages. Just need to cut down the chain and fit, index gears and job done. Might try a 10 speed split link on the chain as it didnt come with one.

Posted: Mar 3, 2017 at 11:43 Quote
Why the wide cassette on a Dh rig dude? I'd have gone for a 11-27 Max!

Posted: Mar 3, 2017 at 11:53 Quote
Its not at downhill rig. It does more trail than downhill at the mo. The clue is in the name AM :p

Posted: Mar 3, 2017 at 13:04 Quote
Juggy1985 wrote:
Its not at downhill rig. It does more trail than downhill at the mo. The clue is in the name AM :p

Shit I need glasses! Just had a quick look on my phone....
I hate small screens!Facepalm

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.043680
Mobile Version of Website