Nukeproof Owners Club

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Nukeproof Owners Club
Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 5:13 Quote
Anyone here managed to round off one of the bolts on the flip chip? I took the other non-rounded side out last night & it looks like it's made of alloy. Doesn't look like something that's going to last. Especially of you're flipping between the two modes a lot.

Posted: Apr 24, 2021 at 11:35 Quote
Enskafin wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:
What pressures do you all who run cushcore go with? Always felt the gyroscopic effect of not being able to lean the bike over being more of a drawback than the added cushion, stability ect of having cc front and rear
23-24psi rear with cushcore xc

I never understood this type of pressures. if I drop below 26 psi, my DDns deform when cornering and the bike feels weird.

Posted: Apr 25, 2021 at 0:49 Quote
eugenux wrote:
Enskafin wrote:
ibishreddin wrote:
What pressures do you all who run cushcore go with? Always felt the gyroscopic effect of not being able to lean the bike over being more of a drawback than the added cushion, stability ect of having cc front and rear
23-24psi rear with cushcore xc

I never understood this type of pressures. if I drop below 26 psi, my DDns deform when cornering and the bike feels weird.

Yeah, but propably depends terrain, rider weight and riding style. I would not put 23psi to fast hard packed bike park, but im riding rough rooty single track with drops and slaps and it needs low tyre pressures to have maximun grip and dampen chatter.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 2:49 Quote
got a reactor 27.5 frame waiting to be built up, WHAT FORKS PEOPLE RUNNING.

can't decide between 150mm or 160mm. would prefer a 150 for more day to day riding but got an alps trip planned for this summer...

fox 36 so easy enough to change air shaft.

Posted: Apr 27, 2021 at 6:25 Quote
feathers54 wrote:

can't decide between 150mm or 160mm. would prefer a 150 for more day to day riding but got an alps trip planned for this summer...

160mm Lyrik on mine. I ride almost every weekend for multiple hours at a time on it.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2021 at 11:13 Quote
feathers54 wrote:

fox 36 so easy enough to change air shaft.

Congrats! I'm running a Lyrik 150 on mine but got a 160mm spring to experiment with once it warms up.

O+
Posted: May 4, 2021 at 11:28 Quote
Considering selling my Large 2021 Mega 290 frame if I can source a medium replacement frame.

Frame and shock have about 600km on them.

photo

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 14:10 Quote
Hey guys I'm planning to build up either a 2021 nukeproof mega 29 size M or a specialized enduro. Before coming to a conclusion I just wanted to know how the mega 29 rides, how does it do in the turns, and hows the weight distribution F/R. Also wanted to know yalls thoughts on the NP or the enduro

Thanks

Posted: May 8, 2021 at 14:20 Quote
SID156 wrote:
Hey guys I'm planning to build up either a 2021 nukeproof mega 29 size M or a specialized enduro. Before coming to a conclusion I just wanted to know how the mega 29 rides, how does it do in the turns, and hows the weight distribution F/R. Also wanted to know yalls thoughts on the NP or the enduro

Thanks

probably depends if it will be your only bike?, personally, if it is the one bike situation, I'd take the mega. If it is an n+1 situation I'd take the spez.
In the end, what do I know... I have neither.. riding currently on a beefed up reactor waiting patiently for my July Giga delivery.

O+
Posted: May 8, 2021 at 16:45 Quote
Hey guys. Looking for a super deluxe ultimate, coil or air in 210x50/52.5/55. Non bearing eyelet version.

Anyone in North America have one for sale?

O+
Posted: May 8, 2021 at 16:58 Quote
dangerousdowning wrote:
special04 wrote:
Is anyone else waiting for an April drop of the mega 290 in Canada? Ordered mid February.

I'm waiting on a 275 Elite - in the UK

Some alloy models trickled out last week and Chain Reaction said they're expecting more in May, but no restocking dates for the Elite model just yet.

Would be great if NukeProof would be a little more forthcoming, with which model builds are coming and when - there's essentially 10 different builds for the Mega (2 alloy, 3 carbon and all with 275 and 290 builds).

Agreed. It’s a little frustrating when they’re not sharing specific timeline details. I get it, they don’t want people to drop orders if the delayed delivery date is too far out. But as a customer that paid more for a Nukeproof *for a reason*, it’s annoying feeling like I’m being strung along. Second week of May is coming up and they’ve added “Drop 4b” to their website and that’s about it. I hope drop 4b is truthful and I’m not going to be mountain bike-less this year. The old cyclocross is taking a beating in the techy trails haha

Posted: May 12, 2021 at 14:40 Quote
Hi guys, hope you can help asap as we need to order parts. Hope to have a reply when I get up :-)

My friend has bought a Mega 290. It needs a new crankset; the frame is a boost, but the spec sheets aren't clear on whether it definitely needs a boost crankset too. I'd assume so... But assumption is the mother and all that...

Cheers!

Ben

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 6:45 Quote
BigBenji wrote:
Hi guys, hope you can help asap as we need to order parts. Hope to have a reply when I get up :-)

My friend has bought a Mega 290. It needs a new crankset; the frame is a boost, but the spec sheets aren't clear on whether it definitely needs a boost crankset too. I'd assume so... But assumption is the mother and all that...

Cheers!

Ben

if it is just about the chainline, then maybe he can use an off-set chainring; cheaper than buying a new crankset..

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 6:49 Quote
BigBenji wrote:

Cheers!

Ben

Nukeproof site states that each version of the Mega 290 (alloy, carbon, comp, pro, etc) has a different crankset so knowing exactly which version you're buying for would help, but you don't necessarily need to replace the crankset with the same that is shipped on a new bike.
THAT SAID - if it's a boost spaced bike you'll certainly need a crankset with a spindle length that is also boost spaced.
Finally, if you have the existing crankset you can simply look at it and use it to help you order the replacement. If it isn't printed on the crankset anyplace then you can measure it yourself to ensure the spindle you replace it with matches.
I hope that helps.

Posted: May 13, 2021 at 10:23 Quote
Any recommendations for decals chaps? Mega 275 gloss black?

Cheers

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021870
Mobile Version of Website