Kona Operator or GT Fury

PB Forum :: Downhill
Kona Operator or GT Fury
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 8:50 Quote
I am replacing my old, heavy freeride bike and I want something slacker, lighter and more DH orientated. I can get great deals on both of these bikes and would like some opinions on them.

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 9:34 Quote
I rented an Operator to ride some DH trails I deemed to gnarly for my reign X. Used it for a couple days and I loved it. Super stable at speed and well balanced on big jumps and drops. It allowed me to take my riding to a whole new level.

I was also really impressed with the suspension and components considering the bike only costs about 3k. Pretty light too for a big bike. When I can afford another bike I'll probably choose the op.

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 9:38 Quote
grossman wrote:
I am replacing my old, heavy freeride bike and I want something slacker, lighter and more DH orientated. I can get great deals on both of these bikes and would like some opinions on them.

Component list?

Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 10:27 Quote
grossman wrote:

The stock Operator isn't very light. My size small weighed just under 40 pounds when I first got it. Other than weight, it rides extremely well.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 12:34 Quote
I got Operator 2011. And its super fun to ride, easy to jump and corners ridiculously well.

O+
Posted: Apr 9, 2012 at 18:31 Quote
Stock 2012 Carbon Fury Team or stock 2011 supreme operator, both unused size medium. I'm 220 lbs, go fast and big but not huge.

FL
Posted: Apr 16, 2012 at 12:44 Quote
I've got a 2012 Operator and love it. I've never ridden a Fury so I can't compare the two, but the Operator is excellent.

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 7:44 Quote
id say fury all the way this bike is amazing.

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 13:01 Quote
You are going to love the Fury. I have a 2011 and it is hands down the best bike I've ever ridden. The i-drive helps so much when pedaling. It is stable on jumps and handles rough sections very well. I'm not sure how tall you are, But I'm guessing at 220 you'll opt for the Large. That size is a bit longer that the Medium so it'll take time to get used to tight sections. But on long fast sections it will just keep going faster! Plus you'll have Carbon Fiber for the bling factor!! Everything else you can upgrade as desired. Cool

Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 22:28 Quote
Both bikes are for sure nice. But at this point it comes down to riding style. If you like to run into stuff head on without thinking then probably kona. But if your a guy who likes a bigger more substantial frame but can pedal like xc and be able to hop from line to line then there is no match for the fury. I won't say one is better than the othere but one may suit your style better.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012598
Mobile Version of Website