Powered by Outside

Fox DHX air 5.0

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox DHX air 5.0
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Apr 17, 2012 at 17:28 Quote
hello everyone i am writing here for some help with a rear shock. i have an 08 Giant Reign X2 that i am thinking about converting into more of a XC bike. i have been looking into replacing the rear shock with a new Fox DHX Air 5.0 but I'm a little concerned with weather or not it will fit/work. mainly the pro pedal

Could anybody shed some light on this for me????

thanx
Jamie

Posted: Apr 18, 2012 at 15:46 Quote
just make sure the eye to eye length is the same as the original shock. if its the same then itll fit. The propedal might take a bit of tuning, i cant say. it depends on the tune on the DHX and how that corresponds to the suspension design on the reign. If it fits though, throw it on and see what happens....play with the external settings and you should be able to get it pretty sweet.

Posted: Apr 19, 2012 at 11:41 Quote
The Reign X1 came with a DHX coil and the X0 came with a DHX Air (7.875" x 2.25"), so a DHX will fit, assuming your spacers are the same, and you get the right size shock.

What are you asking about the propedal? That bike doesn't really need it, but it's adjustable on the DHX5 so you can dial it up to your liking.

O+
Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 6:50 Quote
thanx guys

Brian, my concern with the pro pedal is the clearance with the frame and/or being able to reach it to switch it on or off

Posted: Apr 20, 2012 at 11:23 Quote
vryder1100 wrote:
thanx guys

Brian, my concern with the pro pedal is the clearance with the frame and/or being able to reach it to switch it on or off
My Reign X1 had the DHX3 with no propedal, so I can't help you there.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009776
Mobile Version of Website