Rp23 play in stroke

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Rp23 play in stroke
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 22, 2012 at 13:12 Quote
Hi.Wondered if anyone had advice on this for me.I have just built up a new 2009 Kona Dawg Supreme frame that has an rp23 shock.I have done about 10 miles on the shock and have noticed that it has started to sink into the travel about 3mm freely before picking up the compression when i put weight onto it.Is this normal as i have never owned a fox shock before having used rockshox and not experiencing this.Many Thanks For any advice

O+
Posted: Apr 22, 2012 at 13:52 Quote
Mine is the same. So when you push on the saddle, the very initial part of the stroke feels 'free', then push a little harder and you 'overcome' it and the shock's compression starts kicking in. Do you feel it while riding? I sit at least 25% into the stroke and while riding, the shock feels fine. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

What I think it is though, is the shocks negatively charged seal chamber close the the dust wiper. When you rebuild the shock and pull the outer tube off, there will be noticeable resistance (wanting to pull the shock back together) and a loud pop when you pull it off.

Posted: Apr 22, 2012 at 13:59 Quote
Yes its like that with mine.It sinks into the stroke and there is a tiny pop as it picks up the compression stroke.I dont feel it when riding as once into the sag it is past this point anyway.I run it at about 240psi and didnt want to keep running in case i did some expensive damage to the seals.I am getting my local bike shop to check it out for me tomorrow so fingers crossed it is ok!!!!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008648
Mobile Version of Website