best track in the uk?

PB Forum :: Downhill
best track in the uk?
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:29 Quote
seems a bit daft when most people havnt the pleasure or even want a full sus.

so long as you have helmet and some body protection.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
my fav is cwmcarn so far

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 9:53 Quote
yeah cwm carn is amazing and its really fun on a hardtail as well. And are people sure you cant take a hardtail down fortwilliam dh track, because in August i saw a boy who i met on the train take his hardtail down and he wasnt part of anything he was just a normal person.

FL
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:23 Quote
its probably quicker for me to go to les gets than it is to get to scotland. driving would take the best part of a day and cost more in fuel too. I'm lucky that I have all the welsh tracks on my doorstep whilst at uni, and when i go home i have my small local trails. Hard to say my fav track, probably rheola or mt ash at the moment. cwmcarn is handy for lifts to the top. Probably going to make the effort and get my arse up to scotland this summer as well - should be good.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 10:25 Quote
mount ash is good prob my second fav track so far

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
idonthaveabike wrote:
And are people sure you cant take a hardtail down fortwilliam dh track, because in August i saw a boy who i met on the train take his hardtail down and he wasnt part of anything he was just a normal person.

You can take a hardtail down fort william, there are no rules outlined on nevis range website stating that you cant. And it's been confirmed by a few riders on other forums who were there a couple of months before winter closing who were on hardtails.

You will however, need to be 16 or over (or have your parent/guardian present) to sign the disclaimer to allow you to ride the course.

http://www.nevisrange.co.uk/PDF/Bike%20Participation%20form.pdf

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 11:29 Quote
siony-smells wrote:
CWMCARN!!!!!!!!Smile

which one is that.

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 11:31 Quote
marquis wrote:
siony-smells wrote:
CWMCARN!!!!!!!!Smile

which one is that.

the one in wales

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
nickism wrote:
idonthaveabike wrote:
And are people sure you cant take a hardtail down fortwilliam dh track, because in August i saw a boy who i met on the train take his hardtail down and he wasnt part of anything he was just a normal person.

You can take a hardtail down fort william, there are no rules outlined on nevis range website stating that you cant. And it's been confirmed by a few riders on other forums who were there a couple of months before winter closing who were on hardtails.

You will however, need to be 16 or over (or have your parent/guardian present) to sign the disclaimer to allow you to ride the course.

i rode it on my street hardtail for a dare and got punished! lol next time the dare is a bmx...........Eek

Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 11:33 Quote
slincoln wrote:
marquis wrote:
siony-smells wrote:
CWMCARN!!!!!!!!Smile

which one is that.

the one in wales

oh yeah,sorry just i looked at going to one but it was like at the top end of wales just cant remember what it was called.

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 10, 2008 at 13:08 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
i rode it on my street hardtail for a dare and got punished! lol next time the dare is a bmx...........Eek

What was your time? Or, maybe more importantly, how many offs? Razz

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 2:54 Quote
huckoveraduck wrote:
nickism wrote:
idonthaveabike wrote:

They HIRE out HT's for the Dh track (Shatty hardrocks to be exact), so i'm sure its defo fine.

Posted: Jan 11, 2008 at 4:34 Quote
nickism wrote:
huckoveraduck wrote:

What was your time? Or, maybe more importantly, how many offs? Razz

on my kona stab I can do a 5.29, but on my hardtail it was like 10 minutes haha
it all goes alright untill you get to the woods cause the berms and ruts are just pure death on a hardtail lol every time you try and turn, your wheel goes 90 degrees and you go over the bars onto your face! haha

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.017945
Mobile Version of Website