Pinkbike will be undergoing scheduled maintenance on May 29 at 9pm PST for up to 6 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
Powered by Outside

Helmets and my poor eyesight~

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Helmets and my poor eyesight~
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 19:56 Quote
Hi, there~I'm afraid I need some help form you guys~As a beginner in downhill riders, I must have a full-face helmet for better protection, but the thing is that I have a poor eyesight. Of course I can wear my glasses in the helmet, but it makes me feel very uncomfortable and a little bit wired~Do you know how to solve this problem? Such as google for poor eyesight or something~I don't wanna wear invisible glasses because I don't think it is safe for riders. Really need your help~Thanks a lot!!!

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 20:14 Quote
is it possible for you to wear contact lenses?

Posted: Apr 29, 2012 at 21:31 Quote
driftking99 wrote:

Maybe not~My short sight is very serious, which is about 600~And I'm afraid that it will drop down from my eyes when I ride. It puzzled me a lot~

O+
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 10:32 Quote
Roger1121 wrote:
driftking99 wrote:

Maybe not~My short sight is very serious, which is about 600~And I'm afraid that it will drop down from my eyes when I ride. It puzzled me a lot~

you should go buy a box of disposable contact lenses and try it.

You can sink some cash into lenses for goggles, proper Lenses for your eye sight, BUT its costly.

get a set of safety glasses in your correct prescription.

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 12:13 Quote
knobzy wrote:
Roger1121 wrote:
driftking99 wrote:

you should go buy a box of disposable contact lenses and try it.

You can sink some cash into lenses for goggles, proper Lenses for your eye sight, BUT its costly.

get a set of safety glasses in your correct prescription.

Yeah, let me think about it~Maybe I should ask some google makers~Thanks a lot for you help~

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 12:41 Quote
What about new glasses, one's with straight arms. I wear Oakley Sq Wire's which fit inside my Fox Rampage lid fine, and my Scott goggles fit over, but I have got some Oakley Proven OTG goggles on order which should be here soon.

Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 12:43 Quote
There are companys that make goggles that you can clip your glasses into , i'm sure Adidas done some thing like that a few years back when I was looking into it.

EDIT : quick google hit and got this : http://www.888rxgoggles.com/

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 21:17 Quote
bigburd wrote:
There are companys that make goggles that you can clip your glasses into , i'm sure Adidas done some thing like that a few years back when I was looking into it.

EDIT : quick google hit and got this : http://www.888rxgoggles.com/

I think that should be very helpful~Thank you very much!

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 23:00 Quote
Hey what's up man. I too had the same problem, I have a really bad stignatism. I was wearing prescription sunglasses for while while wearing my Troy Lee D2 full face helmet and it was uncomfortable feeling. Did that for a while then I tried contact lenses, and man what a difference! Love them and they are fantastic for riding. Though you must wear goggles to protect from dust and other conatinments. Really recommend it, go talk to your optometrist and ask that your considering contacts. The Acuvue Oasys contacts are not too expensive and are disposable. I wish you luck man, and NEVER let your vision hold you back from riding!

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 23:01 Quote
Oh and I asked about the prescription goggles and know for a fact that Oakly doesn't make ones :/

Posted: Jan 25, 2013 at 17:15 Quote
I wear contacts with goggles. It works fine for me! The contacts I use are the one month kind, so no worries if something goes wrong. I do have a bit of a problem with riding AM tho, things get under my contacts like dirt particles, etc. That's only when I don't wear anything over them though. I was considering wearing goggles but with my XC helmet that might look a bit weird. Anyone have any suggestions for glasses (Sunglasses, etc) that have a big lens profile that could protect my eyes from the dirt and mud? Thanks.

Posted: Jan 26, 2013 at 7:10 Quote
GoRideYoBike wrote:
I wear contacts with goggles. It works fine for me! The contacts I use are the one month kind, so no worries if something goes wrong. I do have a bit of a problem with riding AM tho, things get under my contacts like dirt particles, etc. That's only when I don't wear anything over them though. I was considering wearing goggles but with my XC helmet that might look a bit weird. Anyone have any suggestions for glasses (Sunglasses, etc) that have a big lens profile that could protect my eyes from the dirt and mud? Thanks.
Oakley Radars, but go for the small lens, can't think what it's called, unless you have a really big head.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012494
Mobile Version of Website