Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)

PB Forum :: Road Cycling and Touring
Post Your Road Bikes (Read 1st post for guide)
  • Previous Page
Posted: Apr 30, 2012 at 12:36 Quote
NOTE: Before reading, you can just post your bike as you took a picture and don't need to post spec. All of this is optional.

Welcome to the new 'Post Your Road Bike Thread.' I made this as I have copied a guide on how to take proper photos to guide people.

I also made it as the original thread didn't deem popular, unlike how the 'post your fixie thread' turned out with lots of conversation and suggestions etc.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here we go....

Guide to using the thread functions (posting pictures etc.)

(I copied the below text off of a BikeRadar thread as it's a good guide)

There are many bike photographs on here but the reference shot must be taken in a specific way otherwise there will be a higher risk of flaming. Plus, it shows your lovely bikes off better!
Don't say I didn't warn you!

1 - Bike should be against a white background, preferable a garage door so the bike shows up properly, or if taken well, a black background with suitable lighting.

2 - Bike must be flat to camera, no silly angles.

3 - Bike must be drive side showing

4 - Chain in big ring, towards the smaller cogs at the back

5 - Crankarm following the line of the seat tube or chainstay

6 - Stem must be in the negative fitting. Even if you ride with it pointing up.

7 - Dork discs, reflectors, pumps, lights etc are NOT acceptable, again, even if you ride with them (accessories)
______________________________________________________________________________________________

#BANS, #BANS

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 3:57 Quote
Reflectors on pedals, Positive Rise Stem, Valve Caps on, Chain on wrong rings, Cranks not level, Wall not white, bike not straight, valves not line up etc etc Razz

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 4:21 Quote
Wait for the updated pic, it will be much better.

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 9:52 Quote
Burial wrote:
Reflectors on pedals, Positive Rise Stem, Valve Caps on, Chain on wrong rings, Cranks not level, Wall not white, bike not straight, valves not line up etc etc Razz

that's just being way to picky....

FL
Posted: May 1, 2012 at 9:58 Quote
i'd play this game but the initial rules are way too much work. maybe later

Posted: May 1, 2012 at 10:03 Quote
Fair enough lol .

It's just a guide to get a good shot of your bike. The spec sheet is optional.

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 17:56 Quote
Update of mine....sitting in under 16.5lbs now, love it to death. Specs on request:
my roadbike....under 16.5lbs now

FL
Posted: May 2, 2012 at 17:57 Quote
wheels? and water?

Posted: May 2, 2012 at 18:49 Quote
Cages are specialized ribcage...over the summer I'm gonna make some ultra-lite ones out of carbon and maybe a Ti spoke for a part of them.
The wheels are a blackset...house brand hubs, dt competition spokes, and I suspect the rims are made by kinlin (in the high 1400g range)

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 11:53 Quote
Not much change just a carbon seat post bring total pictured weight below the 7.5kg target

Frame: FR301 (by Flyxii)
Fork: Full carbon, tapered (by Flyxii)
Groupset: SRAM Force
Wheels: Vision Trimax Pro
Stem: Deda Zero 1
Bars: Pro PLT Compact
Seatpost: MAXM Carbon ???
Saddle: Specialized Romin Comp
Headset: FSA something
Tyres: Vittoria Rubino 3
Pedals: Shimano 105
Everything else: Cheap/no brand stuff

Total weight of parts is 16.5lbs, before cutting and trimming things, so guess total is a bit less

Posted: Jun 9, 2012 at 12:14 Quote
1987 Guerciotti SL

1987 Guerciotti SL built with Campagnolo C-Record group. 23 lbs

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 10:52 Quote
pretty stock, minus the shimano pedals. this is my first road bike after riding pretty much only mtb for 15 years

photo

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 10:54 Quote
Nice Cool But how come the bar angle is so low?

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 12:17 Quote
psyclist wrote:
Nice Cool But how come the bar angle is so low?

I tried riding with the bar angled up (normal) and my wrists gave out. i have a left wrist that frequently gets injured, so this works alright for now. suggestions? maybe new stem?

Posted: Jul 23, 2012 at 12:20 Quote
You could try a shorter stem, or maybe use bullhorns if you don;t race/go fast on it.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.047166
Mobile Version of Website