Calling out to any downhillers in kent !

PB Forum :: Trail Building
Calling out to any downhillers in kent !
  • Previous Page
Posted: May 3, 2012 at 9:01 Quote
hi guys ! .
right iv almost had enough of our limited amount of local tracks ! ... im fed up of traveling to porc for its 20 second runs . so i have drove through folkestone / dover way a few times in the last few weeks and there are some very large (long) hills that we could take advantage of ! ...so what i want is for people to get in touch share some ideas and maybe we can meet up scout out an area and then dig out a trail ! the hills i have seen look as though we could get 5 minute plus runs out of them with ease and with plenty of oppertunity to experiment ....
now im an old school type dh rider i like rough and steep with shallow long jumps .... so maybe we could build a few trails like a fr trail .... jumpy .... and proper dh .
its just an idea id like to put out there and see how you all react as i hate having to travel so far for a okayish trail ...
so get in touch

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 9:05 Quote
PORC runs are longer than 20 seconds? And nowhere in Kent could get a 5 minute run without it being ridiculously pedally.

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 9:10 Quote
Connah wrote:
PORC runs are longer than 20 seconds? And nowhere in Kent could get a 5 minute run without it being ridiculously pedally.

that was an exageration obviously ... the longest there was what 2.30 ? may line ? ....
and no im pretty sure you can ... the hills in folkestone are pretty huge !
even so .... say it is less than 5 min runs ... atleast it will get maintained ... and will actually be what i consider downhill ? and i live in ashford and have a classic beetle which doesnt like distance to much haha so it dont like me taking trips to porc lol

what part of kent you from bud ?

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 9:14 Quote
romney marsh. i usually ride sandies, saltwood, porc and covert woods

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 9:19 Quote
Connah wrote:
romney marsh. i usually ride sandies, saltwood, porc and covert woods

so you think theres no potential in folkestone ?
would be alot closer for you aswell ?

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 9:20 Quote
dont go folkestone, full of scum (no offence to if you live there)

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 9:26 Quote
Connah wrote:
dont go folkestone, full of scum (no offence to if you live there)

im from ashford mate haha i work at ashford cycles
yeah your right but who cares if your up in the hills haha

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 9:31 Quote
yeah suppose and is ashford warren any good?

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 9:36 Quote
Connah wrote:
yeah suppose and is ashford warren any good?

for dh .... nah ... its okay to play around on if you cant get anywhere .... but thats it which is why i wanna build this trail ... so you fancie checkin it out ?

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 9:56 Quote
post some pics first Smile

Posted: May 3, 2012 at 15:13 Quote
Connah wrote:
post some pics first Smile
. Of the location ? I will when i get my car back from the garage kmay bud Smile

FL
Posted: Apr 23, 2013 at 10:04 Quote
don't know if anyone will actually see this but i'm bored of the singletrack trail riding round canterbury. where is there any downhill in kent other than porc. i like porc but like you said before it's too short and there's not enough there

Posted: Apr 24, 2013 at 12:13 Quote
Im looking to build dirt jumps in the dartford, gravesend area. Any one got any idea's of places i could have a look?

Posted: Apr 27, 2013 at 13:56 Quote
The whole of the North Downs area, Pilgrims Way holds some beautiful secret places to ride (DH and singletrack) if you look hard enough you will find some trails which are very good and are more than 3 minute DH trails. When building don't go with the fall line, bench it and make use of the hill! more track time. I work in Sellindge and Hythe (over the road from Port Lympne) and on the way home I saw some hills which would make brilliant trails but NO TREES! Frown can't have trails without trees.

Posted: Oct 25, 2013 at 14:32 Quote
Should hit Barham just south of Canterbury i used to rid there about 10 years ago and the land owner used to chase us off with his shotgun * not joking * but now he has given the go ahead for some locals to build it up and i have to say its great, got a Dh run / free ride section and a very long xc trail * which i got lost on and spent a good half a day trying to get back to some where i knew *. videos and pics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHf7DSO9-VA
https://vimeo.com/39149837
the more XC stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szhdzYozi_s

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011511
Mobile Version of Website