Everett, WA freeriders?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Everett, WA freeriders?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 4, 2012 at 14:10 Quote
Anyone live in Everett and not that interested in x-country riding? I haven't been to the Gulch DJ's yet. I'm kind of an intermediate at jumping but looking to get better. The folks I ride with are starting to wear spandex and clipping in and such. I've been driving out to Duthie but would love to find some flowy fast riding around Everett. I have a 4x bike and a Highline. PM me if you're in the area.

Posted: May 4, 2012 at 15:04 Quote
klikboom wrote:
Anyone live in Everett and not that interested in x-country riding? I haven't been to the Gulch DJ's yet. I'm kind of an intermediate at jumping but looking to get better. The folks I ride with are starting to wear spandex and clipping in and such. I've been driving out to Duthie but would love to find some flowy fast riding around Everett. I have a 4x bike and a Highline. PM me if you're in the area.
The DJs at the Gulch are OK, there's really nothing in the area and Duthie keeps getting better and better.

Posted: May 4, 2012 at 16:01 Quote
Duthie is SO good right now. Just went for the first time this season and it was my first time on my tazer. They have a great new trail next to Semper Dirtibus I was loving finally clearing everything not being on a big suspension bike.

Posted: May 4, 2012 at 23:22 Quote
the gulch gets to muddy. Try collanade its awesome and always dry. Its. More of a skills park but it is still fun. They have 3 good jump lines. We don't have the best riding around us. A couple other places (they aren't close but good places to ride) are fort ebey on Whidbey island and galbraith in Bellingham.

Posted: May 7, 2012 at 10:30 Quote
Anyone want to carpool to Duthie from Everett area in the afternoons, it looks sunny all week? I have a truck, it'd be nice to split gas $.

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 11:13 Quote
I'll second coming up to Galbraith. It's not too far from Everett and the traffic is minimal. Duthie is nice, but I prefer to take the long grind to the top and rip down the trails. There are plenty of freeride trails to shred...Evolution, Scorpion, Unemployment Line, Atomic Dog, Mullet, Cheech and Chong's Wild Ride, Meth Lab, 911, etc.

Posted: May 9, 2012 at 11:16 Quote
nunyabiznes32 wrote:
I'll second coming up to Galbraith. It's not too far from Everett and the traffic is minimal. Duthie is nice, but I prefer to take the long grind to the top and rip down the trails. There are plenty of freeride trails to shred...Evolution, Scorpion, Unemployment Line, Atomic Dog, Mullet, Cheech and Chong's Wild Ride, Meth Lab, 911, etc.
Pedaling... that sounds like a lot of work Beer

Posted: May 10, 2012 at 9:49 Quote
I pedaled Galby a few weeks ago.. it's SO much pedaling but I started from the falls side so I'll have to do it again from Padden side. Next time I'll take my bigger travel bike, the slalom bike was a little under sized for all the roots and such. Duthie is so smooth and less tree density perfect for short travel / hardtail.

I'm going to Duthie friday afternoon, traffic is likely going to be bad but after riding the Gulch today I will never complain. That place was not fun without a front derailleur, lots of mud, overall very not enjoyable.

Posted: May 10, 2012 at 14:39 Quote
Yeah...I'm not as familiar with the North side of Galbraith, but I do remember a lot of XC terrain. The South side (Lake Padden entrance) has a 3 - 3.5 mile fireroad grind to the towers, then it's pretty much all downhill from there.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014474
Mobile Version of Website