Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:11 Quote
we all had bad experience with some mountian bike shops let hera about yours

no stores names please.!

i went to one shop and they sold saint cranks for 600 $$$ went to a diffrent one and they sale the same cranks for only 275 same city

lets start

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:20 Quote
As an employee at a bike shop, if you know your stuff, thats how you're going to get the most help from us. And believe it or not-there are people out there who overpay for stuff (like those saint cranks) all the time, so why not try to get away with it? Most shop employees are knowledgabe and like to talk to fellow riders who also know a lot. There are some customers who I like, and when they come in my day actually gets better. Respect is a 2-way street.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:24 Quote
How about dropping off your bike for what you were told would be a $70.00 tune up and picking it up and being presented with a $190.00 bill. A couple of things may have been valid but the majority were things that anyone could do in their garage. I own 3 bikes and am a definate bikeophile and spend too much money on such things, but I guarantee I won't spend another dime there.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:25 Quote
when the owner doesn't know anything about bikes and has bad customer service and just stands there when you walk in, but i don't go there anymore i go to one in town

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:26 Quote
I hate that my shop had the couch and TV removed.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:27 Quote
when you in the store looking and they say if you arent gonna buy anything then leave. pisses me off

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:28 Quote
manitouman19 wrote:
when you in the store looking and they say if you arent gonna buy anything then leave. pisses me off

If your shop has EVER said that to anyone you should find a new shop.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:30 Quote
[Quoten]"how much is it for you to change the flat?"
...$10
"$10 just to change a flat?!"
...would you like to change it yourself?
"no, i don't know how"
...well then it's money well spent! [/Quoten]

hahaha.. nice.
I was actually suprised, when I was in Jasper they only charged me $5 for a new bike tube. I figured since it was Jasper they woulda hosed me for it, but they didnt.

I'm not the smartest guy out there, but i fixed a flat tire. Took me a while the first time but I got it.. Razz

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:30 Quote
When you get scoffed at because you don't know everything about everything... you'd think that most shop mechanics started at home on their own bikes too, but the sure like to roll their eyes at you when you don't have the tools to press your own headsets...

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:39 Quote
Bike shop employees. Too many of them are arrogant a*sholes who need a little humility. And the price differences between US and Canadian msrp's. Fortress gloves are $60 in the states, but $100 here. Total bs.

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:43 Quote
word... bike repair isn't heart surgery, it ain't that complex!

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 20:44 Quote
DavidMakalaster wrote:
manitouman19 wrote:

If your shop has EVER said that to anyone you should find a new shop.

i did i refuse to go into that shop. when the guy at my shop says go to the other shop because he doesnt have the part o tell him to order it and id rather wait

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 21:01 Quote
I was in a shop looking at a bike, when I went to the other end of the shop the guy put a new price tag on it. The bike went up in value by $200 NZD

O+
Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 21:22 Quote
when a shop owner says they don't carry simano ultegra pedal (i road bike also), because he thinks they aren't professional enough for the usual people who come to his shop. "dura-ace and and campi is what we are all about..."

Posted: Dec 19, 2007 at 21:28 Quote
bike shops workers should kiss our shoes cuz after all we pay there paychecks

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013449
Mobile Version of Website