Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 19:47 Quote
blindsideripper wrote:
wkdrider69 wrote:
i have never payed the advertised price at my lbs i know the dudes they hook me up with up to 50% off its mint

So basically they make no money....awesome. You must really like these guys a lot eh?
No shop can do that forever, or for everyone, maybe you should find a new shop and do these "dudes" a favour. Confused
Well, he did say up to 50% off.

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 20:07 Quote
aniyn wrote:
blindsideripper wrote:
wkdrider69 wrote:
i have never payed the advertised price at my lbs i know the dudes they hook me up with up to 50% off its mint

So basically they make no money....awesome. You must really like these guys a lot eh?
No shop can do that forever, or for everyone, maybe you should find a new shop and do these "dudes" a favour. Confused

True....he did

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 20:12 Quote
aniyn wrote:
Bike shop employees. Too many of them are arrogant a*sholes who need a little humility. And the price differences between US and Canadian msrp's. Fortress gloves are $60 in the states, but $100 here. Total bs.
yeh i hate that, plus the canadien dollar is higher then the US by like 1cent but still we should at least get equal prices

O+
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 20:20 Quote
redridesrule wrote:
wow. maybe BC is different, but i dont have anything i hate about the shops ive been in! i wish i could name them, but the couple shops that i go in once a year or so (i live in isolation, away from the real world haha) the guys there are really nice! they totally talk to me and remember me even though i rarely go into their store. they dont care if i just hang out waiting for somebody or anything. and the store that i bought my TOP from, the owner/worker there was super nice! he talked to me about how he thought shops ripped people off unless you "knew the secret handshakes" and how he thought business should be run. all of his stuff was way cheaper then normal. generally the rule of thumb is add 100% to the manufacturer cost, but this guy only added 75% he was super nice, and swapped out parts for me on the new bike i was building and showed me some stuff. then i was out of there with a new bike just like that! and to fit the bike in the car, we needed to strap the trunk down, and he cut a brand new tube in half just so we could tie the trunk down, FOR FREE! he was so nice, he said if i couldnt get the bike on the plane for whatever reason he would drive to the airport (from north Van to richmond) and pick it up and mail it, on a weekend! he was amazing.. anyways, ive had good experiences with his shop and i call him all the time with questions. he's super cool! anyways.. that was a rather long winded speach haha.. sorry Razz

-braeden
haha which shop was that, and thats probably my fave part about all my lbs's they all remember me, and the owner of the shop i like to go to was my dads old boss, so i get a MASSIVE discount on everything, he gave me 30% off a powerbar!!!

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 21:12 Quote
nishnash wrote:
redridesrule wrote:
wow. maybe BC is different, but i dont have anything i hate about the shops ive been in! i wish i could name them, but the couple shops that i go in once a year or so (i live in isolation, away from the real world haha) the guys there are really nice! they totally talk to me and remember me even though i rarely go into their store. they dont care if i just hang out waiting for somebody or anything. and the store that i bought my TOP from, the owner/worker there was super nice! he talked to me about how he thought shops ripped people off unless you "knew the secret handshakes" and how he thought business should be run. all of his stuff was way cheaper then normal. generally the rule of thumb is add 100% to the manufacturer cost, but this guy only added 75% he was super nice, and swapped out parts for me on the new bike i was building and showed me some stuff. then i was out of there with a new bike just like that! and to fit the bike in the car, we needed to strap the trunk down, and he cut a brand new tube in half just so we could tie the trunk down, FOR FREE! he was so nice, he said if i couldnt get the bike on the plane for whatever reason he would drive to the airport (from north Van to richmond) and pick it up and mail it, on a weekend! he was amazing.. anyways, ive had good experiences with his shop and i call him all the time with questions. he's super cool! anyways.. that was a rather long winded speach haha.. sorry Razz

-braeden
haha which shop was that, and thats probably my fave part about all my lbs's they all remember me, and the owner of the shop i like to go to was my dads old boss, so i get a MASSIVE discount on everything, he gave me 30% off a powerbar!!!
NO WAI!

my lbs fails at some stuff. so i just go to my friend who does it all well and for free.
I once asked for a 3-way and one of the guys stood there for 10 minutes looking for one and then asked "Whats that look like?" so i showed him where it was...

Posted: Jun 29, 2008 at 22:19 Quote
blindsideripper wrote:
aniyn wrote:
blindsideripper wrote:

True....he did
yea? basicly i pay what they pay? they lose no money? they order it as i want it so they lose nothing yea they make no money off it but i mean im one customer? there probably new zealands biggest bike shop trust me its not like there gunna go out of buissness because of it

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 13:58 Quote
wkdrider69 wrote:
blindsideripper wrote:
aniyn wrote:

True....he did
yea? basicly i pay what they pay? they lose no money? they order it as i want it so they lose nothing yea they make no money off it but i mean im one customer? there probably new zealands biggest bike shop trust me its not like there gunna go out of buissness because of it

Well you dont pay what they pay, unless you help pay the rent, pay the employees, pay their taxes, pay their advertising... giving it to you for cost is a little absurd, i think cost plus 10 is fair

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 13:59 Quote
spag wrote:
wkdrider69 wrote:
blindsideripper wrote:

True....he did

Well you dont pay what they pay, unless you help pay the rent, pay the employees, pay their taxes, pay their advertising... giving it to you for cost is a little absurd, i think cost plus 10 is fair
AHHHH too many "pays" JK

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 16:01 Quote
HumberJumps wrote:
spag wrote:
AHHHH too many "pays" JK

Lol, welcome to life as an adult.....

Posted: Jul 1, 2008 at 16:02 Quote
i dont wanna grow up siriously

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 8:05 Quote
i freeking hate it when you order something and when the say it will come in ( eg next tuesday) it come in about 3 days later Frown

pisses me off.. allso my lbs charges £30 an hour!!! ($60) wat a rip off!

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 9:27 Quote
sam111 wrote:
i freeking hate it when you order something and when the say it will come in ( eg next tuesday) it come in about 3 days later Frown

pisses me off.. allso my lbs charges £30 an hour!!! ($60) wat a rip off!

some times shops are planning on ordering twice a week, but when they realize they cant fill the minimum order they only order once a week. or sometimes objects are back order and they have no control over that, other times it is back order at one distributor but because your shop is so nice they try and order it from another distributor a couple of days later.

And 30/60 an hour is very resonable, most shops charge that amount

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 9:32 Quote
i hate it when they ask if u need something and you say no but they keep following you around and telling their opinions on everything even though you dont want/care what hes saying.... its annoying

O+
Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 11:58 Quote
i hate it when bike shops only have 1 person in a shop at a time and that one person is incompetent. i ordered grips for a store they said theyed have it in on monday at the latest.so i call on monday and the guy there isnt the same guy i ordered from and the week before he tried charging me 80 for grips clamps and endcaps. he told me they didnt have any instock or in order. so i bought the grips from another store

Posted: Jul 15, 2008 at 12:03 Quote
nishnash wrote:
aniyn wrote:
Bike shop employees. Too many of them are arrogant a*sholes who need a little humility. And the price differences between US and Canadian msrp's. Fortress gloves are $60 in the states, but $100 here. Total bs.
yeh i hate that, plus the canadien dollar is higher then the US by like 1cent but still we should at least get equal prices

Maybe the Canadian dollar is equal to the US currency but our wage are higher.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.063663
Mobile Version of Website