Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Things bike shop costumers hate/love !!
Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 12:49 Quote
why would you put your forks on you bike if it needed a new hub.did they fit the forks or did the fit a hub(ie hub on wheel,spoking it etc)

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 12:50 Quote
scsracing wrote:
why would you put your forks on you bike if it needed a new hub.did they fit the forks or did the fit a hub(ie hub on wheel,spoking it etc)
true but im a f*ckwit Smile

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 12:55 Quote
what did they do for you though for £130

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 12:57 Quote
new hub and installation

so i never went ther again

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 13:00 Quote
i love it when you go in to the store and they have last years models for the same price as this years. then you walk away and 1hr they call you and you get this discount because it was last years model and they need to sell it because there paid on commision

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 18:01 Quote
vashonbiking123 wrote:
I really like my bike shop. the owner is really cool and he lets all of the biker kids hang out there and use his tools and workspaces and watch biking movies and tv on the t.v.
but i was at costco one time and i was looking at video games and stuff and i walked by the bikes and i noticed that they had put the front wheel on backwards on one of the bikes so the rotor was on the opposite side of the calipher. lol

since when does costco have bikes with disc brakes???

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 19:50 Quote
mustardman525 wrote:
vashonbiking123 wrote:
I really like my bike shop. the owner is really cool and he lets all of the biker kids hang out there and use his tools and workspaces and watch biking movies and tv on the t.v.
but i was at costco one time and i was looking at video games and stuff and i walked by the bikes and i noticed that they had put the front wheel on backwards on one of the bikes so the rotor was on the opposite side of the calipher. lol

The cheap supercycles there have them
they dont work

Posted: Jan 1, 2008 at 20:33 Quote
I'm on first name basis with almost everyone at one of my local shops. One busy day, I take my Commencal in to get my Juicys bled as I have never done an Avid bleed before. I get the old guy who has seen me in the shop many times and knows who I am. He basically treated me like shit and wanted me to go find another shop... it's only me knowing and riding with everyone else at this shop that keeps me going there.

Another shop, I will never go to again... even for a tube. The owner flips out on me and one other friend for bringing our bikes inside the store instead of leaving them outside to get stolen (believe me, they would get stolen). They are like a car dealership finding different things to do to the bike to make more revenue because they are on comission. I send something in for Warrenty to Norco, their number one distributor and after two weeks they havn't even moved my part from the front area into the back to get sent off. I spend another 3 weeks waiting for another part to come in that was given to me and I was forced not to take my bike and rent a bike on my vacation.

My last local shop are all egotistical pricks who think that they know everything and they are all King Shit. Only thing I like about em is that they sell Want Energy and I got a set of Deemaxes for 500 bucks, no tax.

/end mini rant

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 9:51 Quote
I guess since no one has put anything they love about bike shops..

The bike shop I go to, they let you fiddle around with whatever bike you want while you wait. And every time I go there, no matter how long is has been (like 6 months one time) the guys always remember me. They have not yet tried to sell me something I don't need.. knock on wood. lets keep it that way Smile

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 11:11 Quote
mustardman525 wrote:
vashonbiking123 wrote:

their supercycles and CCM's. they finally realized that for a bike to be cool by the kid that knows nothing about biking, has to have disc brakes. but their horrible, their like BB1's if they ever exsisted. my friends brother had one, he bought it and two weeks later the part that the brake cable goes through the brake snapped because he tried to stop.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 11:12 Quote
When its been over a month and I have yet to get my 823 hoops in.

Mod
Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 11:37 Quote
Maybe the supplier does not have them in stock? Or maybe your rims are the only thing on order and they would like to wait until they have more parts to order from that specific distributor? Big Grin I'm sure they are not trying to do you an ill will, its just how its worked out.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 11:41 Quote
Well its been close to a year since they "ordered" my e13 chainguide parts and my friends DX pin kit lol... An employee that works at the shop has also waited 2 months to get his 29er wheels in. Supposed to be his Christmas gift to his dad but they have yet to come in.

Universalcycles also has them in stock and ships out the next day. If they don't know where they are, I'll pay the extra bit and just order them online.

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:25 Quote
i live in upstate new york and honestly iv yet to find a good shop. there one really popular shop in my area run by a guy who has his nose so far in the air im surprised he can get in his front door. he obviously dislikes the free ride crowed and way over charges for everything. the people he hires are the type that think they know more than anyone else. i encountered an issue with the seat post size on my king fisher, i bought the frame and didn't know what size post i needed. i took it there and the guy didn't even bother to help me,he told me i would have to tell him the size and he would check his inventory, thanks a bunch. i went to the next shop, very nice people, more reasonable prices- but nothing in stock as far as any parts i ever need. they didn't deal in gary fisher so they told me to try a fisher dealer. i found one in the phone book and decided to call first, i asked the person who picked up if he could figure out the size for me, he laughed out loud on the phone and in a sarcastic tone replies, well did you expect me to have just randomly measured a king fisher post before? maybe if you brought it in i could help you. with a response like that i think ill take my business elsewhere. i took off for the next closest fisher dealer, prices were a little high but the guy was the first one nice enough to pretend to want to help me. he checked the web sight, but even i could have done that. he then was going to call fisher but told me he lost the phone number. he tried a few different posts but none worked. eventually i looked through them and found one close enough i could make a shim. four shops and none had a clue how to help me. ever hear of a post measuring tool? i guess they didn't have one in there tool collection, iv learned to not rely on shops for anything now

Posted: Jan 6, 2008 at 18:27 Quote
theres a decent bike shop on the erie canal in pittsford, they used to treat me well when I lived there, cant remember the name though! Its in Schoen place.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.026136
Mobile Version of Website