Bait Bike Tracking

PB Forum :: Scams & Stolen Bikes
Bait Bike Tracking
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 6, 2012 at 20:17 Quote
http://pegtech.com/

Bicycle theft is one of the most common property crimes in every city and college campus in the country. Despite its popularity, it is still a crime that remains difficult to solve. Not only are these criminals difficult to catch in the act, most bike thieves are serial in nature and will continue committing thefts until they are captured. In addition, most bike thieves are involved in many other types of crime as well.

A Proactive Solution
Another product in its line of proactive Bait products, Pegasus Technologies, Inc. has developed the ProAct-IV Stolen Bicycle Tracking System. Designed to combat many types of property theft, the ProAct-IV series of products is a flexible and very effective means of putting an early end to the criminal's career.

While the ProAct-IV Bicycle Theft Tracking System is a completely portable and self-contained monitoring and tracking system, it is also compatible and interoperable with existing city-wide law enforcement Electronic Tracking Systems (ETS), allowing easy integration into existing electronic tracking programs.

How it Works
The Bicycle Theft Tracking System consists of six components:
Bicycle Mounted Motion Activated Transmitter
Alert Monitor
Mobile Tracking Receiver
Hand-Held Receiver
invisible Clue Spray
Battery-Powered Ultraviolet Light

http://pegtech.com/

Posted: May 8, 2012 at 7:13 Quote
Will this work in other countries and continents?

Posted: May 15, 2012 at 16:09 Quote
Sorry for the late response.... I really don't know I saw a special report on the news and post the info here .... But I really don't know if it will , why don't you send a message that'll help plus they will give you an acurate answer .... But I hope it does it really is something necessary for the kind of bikes we have.

Good luck

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 2:21 Quote
Thanks, and will do.

Posted: May 16, 2012 at 16:06 Quote
Good luck.... Post the info it'll help other riders too

Posted: Jun 28, 2012 at 8:49 Quote
The tracker they use is this one I can confirm this works in the UK however there are draw backs... It doesn't get a very good signal indoors or a van.. and can be 50 - 100m out in built up areas in the best conditions.

So basicly if the thief doesn't store the bike for a few weeks then your golden.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008464
Mobile Version of Website