Boredom Central

PB Forum :: Off-Topic
Boredom Central
Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 12:11 Quote
What does it taste like? I'm interested. Seriously interested. I also wouldn't mind petting a tiger. I love animals.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 12:20 Quote
I don't know. I avoid those people. Can't stand punjabi accents.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 12:23 Quote
trozei wrote:
I don't know. I avoid those people. Can't stand punjabi accents.

I find most east indian accents difficult because I'm not used to it.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 12:30 Quote
Here we have lots of Indian owned corner shops. I'm used to the language now.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 12:36 Quote
kinny-pb wrote:
Here we have lots of Indian owned corner shops. I'm used to the language now.

See, I'm used to chinese now. I can even gather what's being said usually.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 12:53 Quote
U.K is multi-cultural, so we have lots of people from different countries here.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 13:04 Quote
Yeah. It was like Toronto was. A little bit of everything. Food was excellent always.

photo

Just ordered. We'll see how it feels.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 14:17 Quote
trozei wrote:
"I pump young girls"

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 14:32 Quote
I love when shit like this happens. I used to get screamed at regularly at skateparks and shit by overprotective parents. One lady screamed at me for smoking saying "this is a place for kids, why are you even here, you should not subject my children to cigarette smoke" where I responded with "they have two legs and they work, they can move upwind if it's a problem to them." and another lady screamed at me for bailing a 180flip off a stepdown, and I slipped, board flew at her kids new bmx and I snapped a spoke out of it. He was like "it happens, whatever" and she pertains to flip out at me for endangering her kid with my irresponsible activity. You get jaded to it so quickly like this. This was 100% normal, once a week at a skate park.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 14:51 Quote
Creegz wrote:
What does it taste like? I'm interested. Seriously interested. I also wouldn't mind petting a tiger. I love animals.

I love big cats. I want to hug one. Though, I like animals in general.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 14:52 Quote
debonis wrote:
Creegz wrote:

Me too. Animals are greater than people IMHO. I'd rather just live among animals. Give me a bike, a mountain, a cabin and the means to provide for myself.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 14:54 Quote
Creegz wrote:
debonis wrote:
Creegz wrote:

Me too. Animals are greater than people IMHO. I'd rather just live among animals. Give me a bike, a mountain, a cabin and the means to provide for myself.

Same here.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 15:08 Quote
Creegz wrote:
I love when shit like this happens. I used to get screamed at regularly at skateparks and shit by overprotective parents. One lady screamed at me for smoking saying "this is a place for kids, why are you even here, you should not subject my children to cigarette smoke" where I responded with "they have two legs and they work, they can move upwind if it's a problem to them." and another lady screamed at me for bailing a 180flip off a stepdown, and I slipped, board flew at her kids new bmx and I snapped a spoke out of it. He was like "it happens, whatever" and she pertains to flip out at me for endangering her kid with my irresponsible activity. You get jaded to it so quickly like this. This was 100% normal, once a week at a skate park.
Honestly though no one likes being around someone who's smoking so although she overreacted she has a right to ask you to stop or move when you're in front of her kids.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 15:15 Quote
At a restaurant or something sure asking a smoker to move is fine. But at skateparks that's not really acceptable. Lots of people smoke, cigarettes and... Other stuff... I personally don't smoke but I don't care, I realize it's a skatepark not a playground and I have to accept it.

Posted: Apr 25, 2014 at 15:17 Quote
A) No, I was nowhere near her kids. One of them walked within 15 feet of me. I was standing at the top of a half pipe that was too big for them to climb. B) Outside it's unavoidable and not my responsibility if I'm out of the way to go and isolate myself further. All of us were smoking, we were all standing on a 14ft halfpipe platform.

Also @midbestdj That is basically the way you have to look at it. I don't smoke pot, but it isn't a problem to me because I don't let it be a problem. I really don't like the smell, it makes me grind my teeth.

Now I do understand people who dislike smoking, and feel they shouldn't be subject to it, but I have my reservations after being yelled at by people for smoking in areas with provided ash trays, or someone walks along and then demands I stop whatever I'm doing for them. Nah. That doesn't work.

Rules most smokers follow in public. If you're walking down the street and smoking, switch hands and move it away from them. Don't smoke in front of doorways. Stand under an awning if it's raining sure, but get away from the door, if you can't, tough it out. I have been yelled at for all of those scenarios. People just can't handle anyone doing something they don't like. I've been screamed at for smoking BESIDE a provided ash tray, because they walked past me, close to the road on a 10ft sidewalk. which you shouldn't do with a kid anyway. Not only did I lift it but I held in the draw I had just taken as they passed. Or the time someone came outside, stood upwind of me, and started gagging and hacking and coughing in a blatantly fake manner because "you're smoking will give me cancer in 10 seconds". People are immature about smoking really. That being said I won't smoke while you're downwind of me, i'll change places.

In short a lot of smokers are dicks because of having to put up with that kind of stuff daily. You eventually become so jaded you won't take anyone seriously if they use the wrong attitude, which is more often than not. Whenever someone is nice about it I'm 100% cooperative.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.025374
Mobile Version of Website