Roco Air?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Roco Air?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: May 28, 2012 at 23:12 Quote
Im currently running a vivid coil on my evil revolt, its good. My bud wants to trade me his roco air for my vivid coil, because He is a bigger guy and air doesn't work for him. Is this a good idea?

I've run a roco tst air on my slope bike, and I loved it. It was buttery smooth, no problems. I even rode it at a bike park one day, I felt a slight change by the end of the day, but not enough to really effect me.

I have always enjoyed air shocks, being 140 lbs I can mess around with it easier, and I actually really like the feel of air vs coil. I just haven't seen any real reviews on the roco air (other than the "i love it!" or "I hate it") So I wanted to get some real opinions.

My friend isn't home so he can't tell me if its a roco tst or a world cup, but I'm going to assume its a tst (he just got the frame and it came with the roco.)

Posted: May 29, 2012 at 13:53 Quote
Before the vivid air and ccdb air, the roco was one of the best air shocks. Your frame though might not be compatible with a air shock, leverage curves and progression. If you like the ride with vivid coil, keep it. Also I remember you posting about trading frames or bikes. Air shocks require more maintaince than coil.
Off topic a bit, what did you decide to do about your bike keep or trade?

FL
Posted: May 29, 2012 at 20:33 Quote
Scythe888 wrote:
Before the vivid air and ccdb air, the roco was one of the best air shocks. Your frame though might not be compatible with a air shock, leverage curves and progression. If you like the ride with vivid coil, keep it. Also I remember you posting about trading frames or bikes. Air shocks require more maintaince than coil.
Off topic a bit, what did you decide to do about your bike keep or trade?

I talked to Cam and he told me if my frame broke he would either get me a new frame, or make sure it got warrantied quick, so I decided to keep it.

Traded shocks today. It was a rough fit, but the roco does fit. It's a bit springy, but I haven't had time to play with it at all. Probably just need to adjust rebound and compression and stuff. Bad news is the air valve is unreachable when it's mounted, so I have to take the top of the shock out to add air.

The guy I traded with is a good friend, and he said if I don't like it we can trade back.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009931
Mobile Version of Website