Suggestions for entry level full suspension trail/xc bike?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Suggestions for entry level full suspension trail/xc bike?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 30, 2012 at 20:09 Quote
I want to upgrade from my Specialized Rockhopper Comp HT to a full suspension bike. Price range around $2000, thanks!

Posted: May 30, 2012 at 22:07 Quote
Search, and you shall find!!!

Posted: May 31, 2012 at 11:31 Quote
Yeah, start with your LBS, and see if any local shops have clearance bikes from last year, more bang for $$.

Posted: May 31, 2012 at 11:36 Quote
There are a lot of options to chose from, some being a better value than others. Since he's looking for an entry level fully, I'm sure he doesn't know exactly what to look for. That being the reason he made this thread. Since my knowledge of cross country bikes is minimal, I won't even make a suggestion. All I'm saying is that sometimes, a suggestion is a lot more useful than telling someone to do the work themselves. To the OP, maybe give us some more information? How much suspension do you want, any preferences in geo, wheel size?

Posted: May 31, 2012 at 11:46 Quote
A few of us are beginners and wanted a dual-suspension bike that is primarily x-country but could do some downhill.

My husband bought a Norco Fluid LX ($2085) and loves it! I got a Norco Sight 3 Forma ($2,700). Friends of ours both got the Norco Faze ($1450-$1750). If you can get last year model year, you'll save money.

http://www.norco.com/bikes/#/mountain/

Good Luck!

Posted: May 31, 2012 at 12:41 Quote
I want something around 120mm travel, nothing to jumpy when climbing. Im interested in a Stumpjumper FSR Expert but wanted to get outside opinions as well. Havent decided if i should stick to 26" or make the jump to a 29er. Also, any thoughts on Brain technology?

Posted: May 31, 2012 at 12:44 Quote
Wait I thought you were looking for an entry level bike, isn't the brain tech on their high end frames?

Posted: May 31, 2012 at 12:46 Quote
^you're right, just was curious. sorry, i should have looked at different threads for that question!

Posted: May 31, 2012 at 12:47 Quote
stumpjumper FSR is more towards all-mountain. i would go with one of the camber models if you want specialized..

Posted: May 31, 2012 at 12:55 Quote
csthomas wrote:
I want to upgrade from my Specialized Rockhopper Comp HT to a full suspension bike. Price range around $2000, thanks!

Take a look at Giant bikes. Anthem X3, Trance X3 and if you would consider a 29er, the Anthem X29er 2 are 3 bikes from Giant that are very well spec'ed for their given price points and all 3 are within your $2000 budget. Look for last years models to save a few bucks.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018785
Mobile Version of Website